Unicorn Shopping

RHM

Visit site
So I need some serious help looking for my next horse and I’m invoking the gods and all you wonderful people to help!
I am literally looking for exactly what everyone else wants! I have had loads of time to really think during COVID and have binned off the idea of a youngster. I want something that I can get on and have fun with.
15-16.2h
6-16 years old probably would go younger if a sensible sort
Wanting something sporty that finds work easy, ISH and connies are my preference but also think native X TB, or Arab x would do the job too!
Mainly used for SJ but don’t really have the ability or bottle for over 1m, 90cm is what I enjoy and low level endurance and TREC.
Must be good to hack (the most important feature!) and in traffic, alone and in company as this is how I do all my fittening work.
No preference on gender or colour, though bonus points for greys!
Max budget of £5k though the cheaper the better!

Happy shopping guys!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I have too much time on my hands so had a browse of Preloved - geography is not my strong point, I trusted preloved on the 'within x miles of Yorkshire' so apologes if a couple are too far

Bay Schoolmaster Depends how much of a step down he needs jumping wise, may be worth a chat.

bay again, very sweet looking! Says he is good XC but will he have the schooling for SJ would be a question, very nice chap otherwise - just my type.

Palomino Gelding Not my cuppa as he looks very fine, but I know some people love a pally.

Grey Gelding Sounds perfect other than 'takes time to trust'

Cleveland Bay x Welsh Sec D Could be the best cross you've ever seen, or the worst - depending which sides of each breed you get!

Chestnut Mare Sounds good, decently put together - suspiciously cheap

RHM

Visit site
I have too much time on my hands so had a browse of Preloved - geography is not my strong point, I trusted preloved on the 'within x miles of Yorkshire' so apologes if a couple are too far

Bay Schoolmaster Depends how much of a step down he needs jumping wise, may be worth a chat.

bay again, very sweet looking! Says he is good XC but will he have the schooling for SJ would be a question, very nice chap otherwise - just my type.

Palomino Gelding Not my cuppa as he looks very fine, but I know some people love a pally.

Cleveland Bay x Welsh Sec D Could be the best cross you've ever seen, or the worst - depending which sides of each breed you get!

You star!! Love the grey and the chestnut mare but she is so cheap she must be broken! I wonder what they mean re the grey, never heard that in a advert before! Definitely going to ring about him tomorrow though.
The second bay is lovely too, wouldn’t touch the first one with a shitty stick, done enough suspensory rehab to last me a lifetime!

RHM

Visit site
had a quick look on horsequest, 228631 grey mare 16 hands 14 years £3250

228638 a bit above your budget

both in yorkshire

Love the chestnut mare, she sounds lovely but looks huge! Going to message see if they have jumping videos to go off. I don’t know if it’s just me but she does look very straight hocked while she is being tacked up in the video, more photos needed! Thanks for your help!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
You star!! Love the grey and the chestnut mare but she is so cheap she must be broken! I wonder what they mean re the grey, never heard that in a advert before! Definitely going to ring about him tomorrow though.
The second bay is lovely too, wouldn’t touch the first one with a shitty stick, done enough suspensory rehab to last me a lifetime!

I usually read into it that the horse would not suit a busy, loud and gung-ho owner - but I could be wrong.
Re: the chestnut it could be that something is up, or it could be that Covid means they need the cash. It's all so buyers beware, I like horse shopping for others but I would hate to have to look for a horse of my own again any time soon!

Lexi_

Visit site

The Cleveland Bay/Sec D is my share horse and I’m obviously biased but he’s an absolute diamond. Super good fun, has never had a day lame in the 7 years I’ve been sharing him and would tick all of the OP’s boxes (or those of most of the people who are horse hunting on here and want a sane, sound all rounder).

RHM

Visit site
I usually read into it that the horse would not suit a busy, loud and gung-ho owner - but I could be wrong.
Re: the chestnut it could be that something is up, or it could be that Covid means they need the cash. It's all so buyers beware, I like horse shopping for others but I would hate to have to look for a horse of my own again any time soon!
I’m not going to lie it’s not that enjoyable ? I need as much help as possible!

RHM

Visit site
The Cleveland Bay/Sec D is my share horse and I’m obviously biased but he’s an absolute diamond. Super good fun, has never had a day lame in the 7 years I’ve been sharing him and would tick all of the OP’s boxes (or those of most of the people who are horse hunting on here and want a sane, sound all rounder).
That’s a good reference!! Why are they selling do you know?

SEL

Visit site

Those eyes are really unusual!

TPO

Visit site
https://www.horsequest.co.uk/search/229440

What you guys think of this one? I can’t see anything glaringly wrong with her!

I have a massive soft spot for chestnut mares anyway but I really like that mare.

She looks tense in the flatwork part of the video buy it does also appear to be at a venue rather than home and like it's quite windy.

She changes legs before a fence but doesnt appear to favour one over another so that might be a rider thing.

She looks keen and like she will take you to a fence!

If you find that in gelding at that price of bite your hand off!

RHM

Visit site
I have a massive soft spot for chestnut mares anyway but I really like that mare.

She looks tense in the flatwork part of the video buy it does also appear to be at a venue rather than home and like it's quite windy.

She changes legs before a fence but doesnt appear to favour one over another so that might be a rider thing.

She looks keen and like she will take you to a fence!

If you find that in gelding at that price of bite your hand off!
I didn’t think I did but all the ones I like seem to be chestnut mares at the moment! So much for a grey gelding being the dream ?

Reactions: TPO

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
He sounds perfect but I’m put off by the eyes. I am a superficial monster, a horse on my yard had them and was a psycho and it’s clearly scarred me for life.

What does anyone think of this chap

https://www.horsequest.co.uk/search/227721
He is a tad plain but he sounds like a nice person!

Long up right pasterns, and I am also not keen on the back end and lumbar spine - looks tucked under and a little roach backed, both in the standing and ridden photos. He also has muscle wastage on either side of his wither, although this could be from a bad saddle or the fact he has mostly hunted and not schooled.

I wouldn't go and see him but then again some of the best horses in the world are conformationally challenged. If he is everything they say he is in the description, and sound, then it doesn't matter.

Reactions: RHM

RHM

Visit site
Long up right pasterns, and I am also not keen on the back end and lumbar spine - looks tucked under and a little roach backed, both in the standing and ridden photos. He also has muscle wastage on either side of his wither, although this could be from a bad saddle or the fact he has mostly hunted and not schooled.

I wouldn't go and see him but then again some of the best horses in the world are conformationally challenged. If he is everything they say he is in the description, and sound, then it doesn't matter.

Thanks, your right might give him a swerve!

RHM

Visit site
Would anyone mind having a look at some videos I have just been sent by one of the owners?

TheMule

Visit site
https://www.horsequest.co.uk/search/229440

What you guys think of this one? I can’t see anything glaringly wrong with her!

I really like this little mare, she looks tremendous fun! She looks keen and like she takes you jumping so as long as you don't mind that, she looks great. I'd want to see a basic video of her on the flat at home if she's not that close to you

Cloball

Visit site
She looks lovely I am put off by the name though ?I once new a tiny Spanish stallion of the same name and he lived up to it

Reactions: RHM