University Club looking for a base and sponsors

katied101

New User
Visit site
Hello!

I'm a student at the University of Roehampton in west London and I am looking to start up a university riding club. We are essentially looking for a riding school in London or the surrounding counties with which we can affiliate ourselves.

We currently have about 25 members of mixed abilities ranging from a national level showjumper to complete beginners. Our main aim is to provide weekly lessons and hacking for our members.

We also have several members wishing to compete in the BUCS league; however some do not have their own horses/have had to leave them at home in order to come to university. Therefore we are also interested in riding schools who would lend us their horses to compete on.

Some of our riders do have their own horses at present and will be competing in BUCS, so we would also welcome any sponsorships.

If you are a riding school/know of one who may be able to provide something for us please get in touch.
Many thanks,
Katie Davis

Tash88

Visit site
How about Trent Park in North London? They are a BHS training centre and so I shouldn't think they would have a problem with lending their horses out for competition. If you send me a PM then I will have a think about other places closer to Roehampton as well; would it be possible to for members to share lifts down the A3 to Surrey for lessons etc?