Unrealistic (lots of stars inserted here)

CAYLA

Visit site
Puppy is crying through the night after 4 nights of having it:rolleyes:

My new dog is just not bonding with the the other one we have "not biting or snapping" just not cuddling and playing with it:rolleyes: FFS, so god damned what!!! is this really neccessary to part with it for this crappy reason!!

The dog cried last night I can't cope (1st night in new home):rolleyes:

Dog pulls on lead:rolleyes:

Dog killed hedgehog or rabbit:rolleyes: or for want of a better word or their exact the words used "murdered" :rolleyes:

Im getting evicted (TOMORROW) I need rid of the dog:rolleyes:

I need rid of the dog (THE LANDLORD) said I can't have pets, it was actually in my contract (inserts words that will usually come up as stars)

All pathetically crappy excuses to give up on dogs, put them down/kill them or hand them into rescue or back to rescue, these are just a few excuses I have heard over today 1 day, 1 wholeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee day. Not the excuses of the last 15 years, just todays * have a drink cayla* calm down, stop talking to yourself:eek:

Whom else can I vent to:p:eek: OH has head it to the death, I have ranted to the point of dehydrating myself.

I am changing some wording on our website to "THINK YOU WANT A DOG" well lets be realistic and do a damned big list of reality checks!!!!!!!!!

Rant over, im gonna get some wine and chocolate now:eek:

Last edited:

tessybear

Visit site
I feel your pain i have worked for an animal rescue and one reason they got was i am not kidding you btw !:

Hello we need to rehome our 15 week old Staffie pup who was bought by my husband as a birthday present for me. However i wanted a white staffie and this one has developed a few black spots around his nose :rolleyes:. He no longer matches the curtains and i am looking to rehome him.

:eek: We rang them up and the woman was dead set this was the reason for giving puppy up, something told me that cannot be right. Anyhow said Pup is now 2 and living the life in a 23 acre dairy style farm :)

CAYLA

Visit site
God Damned it, I can't open it:mad: today is testing me, even my computer is trying to P me off, its running like a fecking wind up radio:mad::mad:

Can anyone else open Sugars link or it it's just my ****** computer:mad:

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
In one day??!!! I heard some of them when i was involved in dobe rescue up here years ago. also...
'he is really big, i didn't know he would be that size'
'he keeps trying to hump my leg'
'he doesn't like my new pup'
'he doesn't do what i tell him'
'he looked funny at the bairn when she was climbing on his back, i don't trust him'

none of these were heard in the space of a day though.

very difficult not to launch at them but you know you have to keep your gob shut!

CAYLA

Visit site
I feel your pain i have worked for an animal rescue and one reason they got was i am not kidding you btw !:

Hello we need to rehome our 15 week old Staffie pup who was bought by my husband as a birthday present for me. However i wanted a white staffie and this one has developed a few black spots around his nose :rolleyes:. He no longer matches the curtains and i am looking to rehome him.

:eek: We rang them up and the woman was dead set this was the reason for giving puppy up, something told me that cannot be right. Anyhow said Pup is now 2 and living the life in a 23 acre dairy style farm :)

I can believe that we have had far worse, the ones I menioned (WHERE ALL FROM TODAY):eek:

We got a call 1 month ago to ask could a dog be handed back in to us (upon asking why) the answer was "the dog has not settled" we asked which dog it was and how long they had it? ANSWER , 5 YEARS:confused::eek: WTF:confused:
WE arranged for her to come back only for the owner to say "I can't do it, I love her to much" WTF x2:confused:

Luci07

Visit site
or what Stafford Welfare have heard a lot of thanks to the media frenzy where our dogs are concerned. The media says it was a stafford that attacked a child, normally its not or it may be some idiotic cross. Last time they did this, Welfare alone had 10 calls trying to dump longstanding family pets because they then thought that the dog was about to savage the family. When it was a JRT (and I have nothing against this breed), said media was amazed that a JRT would have savaged and killed a newborn.. its idiotic reporting like that which sends ill informed people into a frenzy. Deed not Breed.

tessybear

Visit site
Oh jeez, i have also had a gypsy turn up with a starved dog, shivering like a leaf covered in fleas and i mean coated. After explaining we do not have any spare kennels but if he will wait 20 minutes another rescue up the road is on their way he prompetly led the dog of the lead, booted it up the arse, spat at us and said dog ran into road. Luckily it didn't get ran over but took 20 people about 3 hours to catch poor little thing.

Disguisting isn't it ? I would go hungry before my dogs do they are here for life.

CAYLA

Visit site
In one day??!!! I heard some of them when i was involved in dobe rescue up here years ago. also...
'he is really big, i didn't know he would be that size'
'he keeps trying to hump my leg'
'he doesn't like my new pup'
'he doesn't do what i tell him'
'he looked funny at the bairn when she was climbing on his back, i don't trust him'

none of these were heard in the space of a day though.

very difficult not to launch at them but you know you have to keep your gob shut!

On a few occasions, I never kept me gob shut, I let rip:eek:
Also on my last home check today after listening to all this crap and my phone not stopping I said to the lady "now lets be realistic this is a TERRIER, you prepared for TERRIER like behaviour or will we get a call with some hideous excuse to return him":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (poor woman), I then apologised if I sounded a bit abrupt.:eek:

CAYLA

Visit site
or what Stafford Welfare have heard a lot of thanks to the media frenzy where our dogs are concerned. The media says it was a stafford that attacked a child, normally its not or it may be some idiotic cross. Last time they did this, Welfare alone had 10 calls trying to dump longstanding family pets because they then thought that the dog was about to savage the family. When it was a JRT (and I have nothing against this breed), said media was amazed that a JRT would have savaged and killed a newborn.. its idiotic reporting like that which sends ill informed people into a frenzy. Deed not Breed.

One of the calls today was in regard to a sbt funnily enough!!

Smitty

Visit site
Well, I have a far better excuse. Mine kept me awake half the night vomiting all around the bedroom 2 days ago, changed bed clothes and put spare quilt on bed only for him to vomit cat poo all over it this morning. :mad::mad:

However, when I take him to the pound/rescue/pts I shall merely say that he doesn't match the new rug/quilt cover/pillowcases.:rolleyes:

CAYLA

Visit site
Well, I have a far better excuse. Mine kept me awake half the night vomiting all around the bedroom 2 days ago, changed bed clothes and put spare quilt on bed only for him to vomit cat poo all over it this morning. :mad::mad:

However, when I take him to the pound/rescue/pts I shall merely say that he doesn't match the new rug/quilt cover/pillowcases.:rolleyes:

I knew it, you where the 2nd caller wern't you:rolleyes::p:D

You are to blame for my blood pressure:p

Just tell them he puked and you did not think dogs did that and you find it disgusting!;)

MurphysMinder

Visit site
On a few occasions, I never kept me gob shut, I let rip:eek:
Also on my last home check today after listening to all this crap and my phone not stopping I said to the lady "now lets be realistic this is a TERRIER, you prepared for TERRIER like behaviour or will we get a call with some hideous excuse to return him":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (poor woman), I then apologised if I sounded a bit abrupt.:eek:

Only on a few occasions Cayla?!:p
I think I have a totally understandable reason to get rid of my 2 , the constant mud they spread around the house, surely no one would blame me.:D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine does this: can you take him for me? :p
Pussycatisverynorty.jpg

Seriously, I think far too many people think it'll be all cuddles and fluffiness. Here is an interesting link:
http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/134055-thinking-getting-dog-puppy-realities.html

Last edited:

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I want rid of my Dobes, they are heavy when they sit on my lap:D

I feel your pain, a little bit diifferent a friend rang this evening and told me next door had had their elderly Lab put down, they had taken it to the vet who wanted it to go their hospital for tests, neighbour went home, vet rang and said its going to cost £xxxxs. The neighbour said Oh well pts, the vet said do you want to be here when we do, the neighbour oh no its much too far(30mins away). They had this Lab since she was a pup, how could they not be there, she would have been frightened and possibley in pain and It was only last week they told me she was family.:eek::mad:

Forgot to say I cant see S4sugars link either so its not your puter Cayla

Last edited:

Springy

Visit site
We got a rescue fox hound once....
in the first 2 months he

howled at night
tipped the bins
stole anything and everything that wasnt nailed down
ran wild when off the lead
dug holes in the garden
shat allover the house
peed all over the house
jumped all over the car and stole the pack lunches
broke into the petfood cupboard and ate its contents...

:mad: lol

However 2 years on if not more he is no bother butter wouldnt melt.... he was in a new place and hadnt lived in a house before.

He is a proper sweety now (apart from sitting on the settee leaving hairs all over the house and no recall lol still walked on a lunge line when the nose goes down the ears go off....)

Yet the foxhound welfare have had allsorts returned to them for the stupidist of reasons :(

Wouldnt swap him he is LUSSSHHHHHH :)

Some people are thick as pig poo......

{97702}

Visit site
I had a real head desk moment at the livery yard yesterday. Fellow livery has just had to have her 9 year old "much loved" Labrador PTS - dog was consistently vomiting, vets opened it up and found a corn cob in the gut which they removed without removing the damaged intestine either side :eek: They then opened the dog up AGAIN (bearing in mind it was overweight and unhealthy anyway) 2 days later to remove the decaying intestine....and the dog didnt make it :(

I said to the yard manager where did the dog get the corn cob from, she said "oh from the maize fields up the hill, my labrador eats them too" :eek::eek::eek: I said how harmful they could be (as just evidenced!) and she said "oh well if that happens I will just have her PTS, then I can rescue another one" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

At that point I walked away....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ETA - apologies for the smiley overload!

noodle_

Visit site
ohhh you mean we can send them back if they dont match the furtiture?!!?

wow then i have 2 i need shut of........one brown who dosent match the floor!!!!!! the other one is black and white and doset match my bed quilt............

honestly how stupid are some people ?!
my dogs have destroyed my garden and taken over my life............wouldnt have it any other way :)

joeanne

Visit site
Mine does this: can you take him for me? :p
Pussycatisverynorty.jpg

Seriously, I think far too many people think it'll be all cuddles and fluffiness. Here is an interesting link:
http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-chat/134055-thinking-getting-dog-puppy-realities.html
I think I must have your dogs soul mate....
Who not only shreds rolls of toilet paper, but shreds socks and anything else thats not indestructable (hahahaha whoever dreamt THAT word up has not met Bear!), empties the bin if you forget to put it outside at night, opens stairgates and lets the other hounds out to jump all over the nice clean beds.....
I could go on, but I think you probably can tell similar stories :D

joeanne

Visit site
Noodle the one on the right would PERFECTLY match my sofa.
I can swap you a couple of cream eggs and the left over quality street (mainly strawberry creams and toffee pennies)?
Failing that I have a bin diving spaniel?

jennywren07

Visit site
We got jade from the dogs trust, tbh how we didn't take her back i dont know but we wouldnt be without her really :D

we were told she was house trained - yup if you mean trained to go in the house!
could be left for upto 4 hours - howled an tried to dig through the doors if you went for a wee without her!
Good recall - doesnt even come to you in the house if you have a treat!!
low energy - this dog could run all day on 5mins sleep!!
good in the car - when shes not throwing up

this went on for 2 years!! but we got there because even though she was everything we DIDN'T want in a dog we took her home so it was our responsibilty to make it work