Unscrupulous Dealers in Kent

diz

New User
Visit site
Would be interested to hear about dealers in Kent who push the boundries. I have had several just lately and am sick of it. This recent one, I agreed to buy a horse on the first visit he was lovely and he was right, full price was agreed no deposit wanted but offered. The yard owner called a few days later to say that she had cancelled our vetting as he was lame. We have not been able to see him ourselves, have turned up on the doorstep and he was not in the yard but supposedly at treatment and now have been told that we can't buy him or wait for him. I hate people like this, so greedy.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I know of one dealer in Kent, he wouldn't even let me get the horse vetted and said he would take it back if anything was wrong with it, yeah right!!!

I decided not to take the horse after that.

Tufty

Visit site
Those kind of dealers dont just exist in kent they are all over the country ! Many people have been bitten by them, but dont you think it is strange that there is very little on the web about them all. Someone ought to start something

samp

Visit site
I am sure there are some decnt ones out there? I got one years ago from Paddock Wood off a dealer and the horse had clearly been doped, used to bolt when ridden, bite and kick we had to have it PTS in the end as it was a danger

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
there do seem to be some dodgy people about - I guess I've been lucky with my horses - they were all great sales. and am still friends with all of my sellers as they all like to keep updated.

ArleyMoss

www.arleyridingschool.co.uk
When we were starting up, we went to Kent to some dealer that promised us the world! When we get there, right away we knew we have wasted our time, the ad he puts in H&H is out right lie and while we were there some block came looking for him about a horse he had sold to them and you could clearly tell this guy was not happy!

truffles

Visit site
www.mannixstud.com - they are good. I have been on 5 holidays there - the people are lovely - daughters are all involved in SJing, and I think they have quite a reputation to uphold. Worth a look, especially if you are close.

Good luck!

jennystreek

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
www.mannixstud.com - they are good. I have been on 5 holidays there - the people are lovely - daughters are all involved in SJing, and I think they have quite a reputation to uphold. Worth a look, especially if you are close.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

That brings back memories!! I went on one of their riding holidays as a kid many many years ago (dont want to count as i will feel too old!!). Have to say it was one of the nicest places, and i cried my eyes out when i had to go home! The horses were fab, and we have a pony at the yard that was bought from there (again probably about 10 yrs ago) that has turned out to be a little gem!

diz

New User
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know of one dealer in Kent, he wouldn't even let me get the horse vetted and said he would take it back if anything was wrong with it, yeah right!!!

I decided not to take the horse after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this, I would not have taken it either. But this person is not just a dealer but has stables and race horses and really is not like your usual dealer so to speak, the horse was perfect. I may be wrong and she is being genuine but to not let us see him by saying he is away, to not tell us where he is is her way of getting out of the situation without allowing herself to be in the wrong or have grounds to slander her reputation.