Unstable on Horse & Country

9tails

Visit site
Does anybody watch this show? What dreadful bitchy people! I don't beleve any of them have a smidgen of horse sense and it's so contrived. Worth watching once for the jaw dropping amounts of back stabbing going on.

TarrSteps

Visit site
The bizarre part is that at least one of them, in real life, is a decent rider and not obviously insane. I don't know what possessed them to do it.

3Beasties

Visit site
It's got to be scripted/staged surely? It is so unrealistic! Half the time they are trying to hide smiles/laughs during their arguments.

Such a shame as it could have been a really good series.

TarrSteps

Visit site
It's 'reality based' or 'scripted reality'. The people are real and those are their real names, all the places they go are real etc. but a lot of the 'drama' is significantly enhanced for the show. It's agonising to watch!! (I watch it because it reminds me of home but even then, I hide my head in my hands for most if it!)

star26

Visit site
Going against the grain here, but i like it! It's so bad it's good- Megan is my fav, she's so sarcastic and funny, esp loved it when she got dumped by her boyfriend! She was outraged! lol

It is very scripted and fake, but i do enjoy the ridiculous story-lines, bitching and backstabbing, and of course seeing all the lovely horses :)

9tails

Visit site
Oh I know it's scripted, the pauses are cringeworthy, but what possesses these people to be told to say such dreadful things about their friends/colleagues/boss? At least the Saddle Club is a fictional programme.

star26

Visit site
Who knows! They prob think it's what the viewers want to see. I'd like to see something with a similar format, but with more focus on the reality and less on the scripts. I'm sure most busy yards have enough going on (drama included!) to entertain people without needing to make it up!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Going against the grain here, but i like it! It's so bad it's good- Megan is my fav, she's so sarcastic and funny, esp loved it when she got dumped by her boyfriend! She was outraged! lol

Megan can't be real surely?

(Talking about Lord of the Rings) "it's the best movie turned into a book - EVER!"
(Talking about moving to France) "London is just the coolest city"

Sigh.

P

star26

Visit site
It's repeated fairly often on Horse and Country (Sky 280). If you have Sky you can do a search for it, think it's normally on around 6am ish?

Yes, more people should watch, it's really quite entertaining! lol

star26

Visit site
Megan can't be real surely?

(Talking about Lord of the Rings) "it's the best movie turned into a book - EVER!"
(Talking about moving to France) "London is just the coolest city"

Sigh.

P

I'm pretty sure she's made up! lol
Tho i wouldn't be surprised if her 'character' is loosely connected to her real life personality, as she does have that sarky/sulky look about her. Either way i find her quite amusing to watch!

Carefreegirl

Visit site
It's repeated quite often. I've seen it once and couldn't make out if it was real or otherwise. I'm no longer on a livery yard but the programme reminds me of a couple I had the misfortune to move to.

HaffiesRock

Visit site
I saw this for the first time last week. Caught the last 10 minutes of it and thought, wow, they have made a tv series out of yard bitching! I have a horribly bitchy yard so a lot of it rang true. I am having an enforced 6 weeks off work very soon, so I may watch the whole series...

sam_

Visit site
Why have i not seen/heard of this before! Sounds like its worth the watch even if it's just to get a giggle from seriously bad acting haha! :p

Spring Feather

Visit site
Monetary gain I expect!

I was badgered constantly for about a year prior to Unstable being made to do this; have a reality TV show about our farm. I said no obviously. However at one point I did ask about how much would be earned and really in my mind it was minimal; definitely not worth having cameras invade your life like that. I suspect they did it partly because of attention and possibly to put their stable on the map.