Unstraight horse!!!!!

SSM

Visit site
Right I need some advice!

My beautiful girl seems unable to go straight - even in walk and trot in the field she tends to bend to the right. Remembering I do not have constant access to a school what can I do to straighten her and get her working in a better outline on the left rein.

Would lunging with side reins improve this? And exercises to do out hacking would be appreciated

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
I would get her checked out first, there may be some muscular stiffness or weakness causing this. Determine the problem then work from then. It is hard to say what excersises would suit without knowing the entire problem.
best of luck
regards
Dawn

spike123

Visit site
I too think there may be a muscular problem from what you are saying. My horse also had this problem recently and it turned out he had put his poll,hip and back out.He was tight in the muscles from the back to the hip on one side as a result of a probable slip in the field. After physio and some carrot stretches given to me by the physio to work those muscles he is now starting to go straight again.I think you should get someone to check your horse over first before deciding which exercises to do.Carrot stretches will help but they must be done both sides the same and it depends what the cause of the lack of straightness is as to which ones to do.

SSM

Visit site
Thanks for these, I will get the physio out, have not used one before but there is a good one in the area. Her sister also had a much stronger right side, it was very obvious from how the saddle sat - so could be genetic but will get her checked out!