Untamed Mane!

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
Argghh i need help well my pony does...

He has thick horrible mane! yack

ive grown it hoping it may go thinner or stay at least on the correct side (all the mane by his withers stick up after it was rubbed by his neck cover)

Then it was thick and long and looked a mess, so i pulled it again and it looked short and thick- eww!

Then i was pullin it was hours and finally got it thin but i was really naughty and please dont shout..i resolved to the scissors- i know its the worse thing you can use on the mane.. but i got desperate, so right now its thin and short, will it eva been long and thin

Tia

Visit site
LOL!! Probably not. It is what it is and there's little you can do about it longterm. I know a few people who have the same problem with their horses and when they clip in the winter, they clip off half of the underside of the mane off at the same time.

Blizzard

Visit site
some of the horses at our yard get their manes hogged over winter, by the summer it has always grown back quite nicely, might be a case of all off and start again LOL

kick_On

Visit site
plait over correct way but don't roll into balls, just leave plaits, with band and leave over nite. In morning take out band and comb through with damp comb, keep doing regularly. And then when you next pulling mane pull mane fron underneath to take out thinkness and you can train it that way, but problably will always have 'punk rocker' if you don't keep on top of - sorry

Cobnut1

Visit site
You can thin the mane by using hairdressing thinning scissors....they're not like normal scissors and don't leave scissor marks...but you have to keep doing this as the mane will grow back!

Vicki1986

Visit site
god i know how you feel!!

right this is what i did with my girls and it has worked well. pulled it , a few times a week plait it down and leave them in for 24 hours.

wash it with shampoo (i find head and shoulders good) then with conditioner for her hair type (yes really, im not mad) my mare has a dry mane so i use clairol herbal esscences for dry/damaged hair (its always on 2 for 1 in tesco!) this helps hers lay down - dont ask me how it just does. plus she always smells nice
wink.gif

also a lycra hood helps in getting it down on the correct side

erm i think that is all the tips i have!

good luck!