up date on daughters broken elbow

xapplex

Visit site
She's 11yr old and broke her elbow on the 21st april... had a op and she has lots of pins in her elbow had it in plaster for 3 weeks as the doctors wanted her to move the elbow soon as possilbe . But it wont move its been 9 weeks now and her arm wont budge , wont go straight or up to her shoulder . poor thing she just wants to ride again but i think she going to have another op (she looks like a teapot) as the left arm is fixed bent !
frown.gif

Christopher

Visit site
It happened to me. All you can do is push it through the pain. My physio made me place my hand against a wall and put my weight on it. It hurt like hell but now I have full movement in my elbow whereas they said I would only get 60% back.

I hope your little one doesn't have to have that other op and that she gets some movement in it soon.

flyingfeet

Visit site
When I dislocated both bones out of my elbow it took weeks to get it straight again!

I found hanging heavy buckets of water off my arm helped as it gradually stretched the ligaments.

Good luck to her - as it was miserable and I was convinced it would never go straight! (Now no-one can tell!)