Update and New Dilema

Halfpass

Visit site
Ok so got up yard last night and Alee was much calmer. She had eaten some hay and all her feed. I led her out for 20 mins and turned her out in school for 10 mins where she just stood in middle and neighed to her friends on the yard. Put her to bed and felt much happier. So went up this morning and she is wild again trashed bed box walking rearing in stable etc etc. Eventually got head colar on her and moved her onto yard and she stood tied up relatively happy, some floor scrapping but thats all. PUt her in school and she followed me around like a little lamb trotting and cantering at my side with no head collar on I was grinning
grin.gif
. But then I couldn't get head collar back onshe just kept throwing up her head. Eventually I did the strap up round her head first then round the nose and she led back to yard fine. So the new dilema is that once she is now out of stable its takes me 20 mins to encourage her back in (can't balme her really) and then once in there she is rearing box walking kicking door. I have just walked away in floods of tears listening to her banging and kicking. Really don't think I can do this till Thursday but what choice do I have!!!
frown.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif

runaway

Visit site
Just read you post HP and the one thing that stands out to me is that you are doing everything nice with Alee outside the stable and then bunging her back in the stable and leaving her alone. Can you try to alternate all your activities around so she isn't associating any one thing with being "alone". Can you spend 20 grooming her in the stable, then leave her alone while she's in the turnout area etc etc.

The only other comment I have is although you say this only has to go on till Thurs I personally would carry on with some sort of routine involving the stable after this date to avoid any possible problems in the future. Really think you need to get her on some sedative and quickly, if not for her good for yours
wink.gif

Tia

Visit site
Is she used to living out 24/7 normally? Are all the horses in their stables? So she does have some company? Can she see the other horses and things going on within the yard?

Halfpass

Visit site
Whe I first got her she was out 24/7 when I got her we slowly intoduced the stable to her and other than one intial blip she was fine. She came in most nights (maybe 3/4 per week) and was a realy gem. She can see all other horses and it seems to be when things are going on on the yard that she gets stressed. I've beent rying to spend as much time as poss with her but unfortunatly work gets in the way. She can go back out on thursday morning. Think i'll continue bringing her in at night to try and get some sort of rountine. What do you think?