Update for all those that had faith in me!!!!

miamibear

Visit site
Just a quick update for all you who had faith in me regaining my confidence!

Red is a STAR - been hacking out on my own and in company round the roads confidently.

Been out in the stubble fields, on my own at first, in walk only then trot. Now i can go in on my own or in company and have a canter!! I even pushed for a small gallop the other day
smile.gif

I have been having dressage lessons again and enjoy schooling him. We are going to our first dressage party on Sunday! And then 2 weeks after that our first show.

He travels and loads like a dream so no hassle there.

I cant believe how lucky i have been and how lucky i am. Impulse buy tried him once and bought him there and then. He is perfect for me.

I feel like every day i make another little achievement and its all the sweeter considering small things i never even thought about are big leaps for me, for example getting on using the mounting block the other day in the scary part of the school with a whip in my hand. Something other may not even think twice about.

He always puts his faith in me and trusts me and in turn i put my faith in him and trust him. I hope this partnership lasts for many years to come i honestly feel we have both landed on our feet finding each other.

Brings tears to my eyes!!
grin.gif

Thanks everyone for your advice and support, i couldnt have done it without your words of encouragement

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kelly1982

Visit site
Oh Mel i am so pleased for you
laugh.gif

I have been following all your posts about Bailey and now Red and you really do deserve to be happy and having fun again.

So glad you managed to find your confidence again and that it is continue to grow. Red sounds like a complete star and was made for you
smile.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Yes you did, you said i would be cantering in stubble within a week and you were right!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

We are now officially the "nanny" in stubbles and on roads for young or scatty horses!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!
laugh.gif

Cant believe my luck
smile.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Thanks Kelly, I have to say i havent enjoyed riding this much since my old horse.

I always said i would never get another like him it broke my heart to retire him and although they are very different horses him and Red both have a special place in my heart. I enjoy riding Red as much as i did Bear and i never thought i would say that about another horse EVER.

Im so lucky and i hope that every day i can show him how lucky i feel by giving him the best life. Its like a fairytale!!
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We are now officially the "nanny" in stubbles and on roads for young or scatty horses!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Eldest daughter & Fat Orange One are proud to be hacking 'nannies' too.......only the elite can be 'nannies'!
cool.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
I'm really glad for you - losing your nerve is horrible (I did it last year) and we need a special friend to get us going again. Well done!