Update from Ruby and I

LaurenBay

Visit site
Haven't been on here for a while, been very busy as I've just changed jobs.

Ruby is doing well. Very well actually, pleased with how she and I have come on. We looked to switching yards a few months ago, so she could be nearer to my new job and I thought I had found the perfect yard. I handed in my notice at current yard and then had a change of heart as it just didn't feel right. I wasn't going to move her until I felt 100% sure. I have a lovely yard owner who said I can stay for as long as I want too.

I have gotten Ruby over her fear of trailers! finally! We have been on many trips in the trailer, including XC, Epping Forest and shows. We went to a big showing show a couple of week's ago. She did "Novice Horse" there were only 2 Horses in the class and she came second. Slightly unfair as the Horse she was up against was clearly not a novice Horse (went on to win the championships, funnily enough rider seemed extremely friendly with the judge ;)) but to be honest I didn't care as Ruby was so well behaved. Usually she is nappy and a big handful, bolshy and just downright rude at shows, it seems to blow her mind. This time she stood nicely eating and was so chilled, very well mannered, tad nappy in her class but that can be worked on.

She is jumping well, we are doing 80cm at the moment and the aim is to get her out jumping soon.

Working in a consistent outline in walk and trot, canter still needs some work.

We have been taking my sister's OH's neice riding most weekends, She is only 1 and half :) she sits on my lap and is very brave! always tells me to go "faster" Ruby is so good with her :) such a good little mare I have.

That's all folks!

Ridingondreams

Visit site
It's fantastic to hear such a lovely, positive update! Well done on getting her over her fear of the trailer, that was a big problem for me and my loan horse, so it's reassuring to hear other people's success stories :) And it's great that she's settled down at shows. We need to see some pictures!