Update - not what i was expecting to do but there we go!

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
I quit my job at the yard today. This morning i was feeling fine about giving it another go up there, but went back up to do the evening shift tonight and had a v v bad experience! One of the horses (actually not a previously mentioned one) pushed me too far. Changing its rugs it just kept turning and bucking at me and properly lunging at me from both ends. So i said there and then that i was having no more of it.
So pretty bad 2days really. OH in car accident and has no car and no money to get new car. And i quit my job.. All right before chrismas. *sigh* ah well

pottamus

Visit site
Sorry to hear about that but it sounds like you are better off out of there. I am sure you can find some work to tide you over, even if it has to be shop based stuff...they are always looking for people. Hope your OH is ok after the accident. Take care.

GTs

Visit site
It sounds like the horses there were far too dangerous to risk it - seems like a very seasonable move. Being kicked in the head it not fun!

TGM

Visit site
Sounds like a wise decision. Do they just have a lot of horses with bad temperaments at this yard, or does the way they are managed (feed/exercise etc) have something to do with it
confused.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Sending you a big hug as you sound like you need it. You have done the right thing as your health and safety comes first, you only have one life, not worth risking it for the sake of a job. Sorry to hear about your OH car accident, what a nightmare. Just remember you don't need money to enjoy Christmas (I know it helps) but remember you have your health and your OH anything else is a bonus. Thinking of you.

seabiscuit

Visit site
I think that you did totally the right thing Kayleigh- it is not worth risking your life for if that is what the horses are like. I thought I had it bad with some of the horses that I have worked with over the years but yours sound a lot worse.

Best of luck in finding another job, I bet one will turn up soon!

icklechlo

Visit site
thats a shame k, but if u feel youv done the right thing then well done, its the week for accidents! my mates rolled their clio on the main road past marwell yesterday! hope you OH is ok!

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Sounds like there are some management problems at the yard, with quite so many ill-mannered brutes. You're probably well out of there - life is too short to risk it every day!

Good luck in finding a more suitable job - don't suppose you're anywhere near Cleobury Mortimer, are you. Even our stallions are FAR better mannered than the things you've been dealing with!

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Thanks guys your support has been amazing.
I just drew a line today, im not gonna hav a 17.2hh massive gelding lunge at me, its just not safe! Such a shame because the people are absolutely lovely.
OH is safely tucked up in bed, hes trying not to act like its shaken him up but i can tell it has.
Dear me what a week!