Update on attention seeking horse

Kelly1982

Visit site
I tied her up to get her tack for lunging and she didn't scrap once so i really praised and patted her.

I then tied her up with a haynet whilst i mucked out and groomed her and i didn't hear a peep out of her, she just happily munched away so i think i will do that for the time being until she settles in properly and then gradually ween her away from it.

I never tie up for long anyway so hopefully she wont get too fat on too much hay he he. If she still persists then a bungy will be the next purchase.

horsegirl

Visit site
I always give my boy a haynet when he is tied up, just for him to pick at to keep him occupied. Doesn't everyone?

Kelly1982

Visit site
No i never tie up with hay as they are never tied up long enough, plus if i have just got them in from the field i like them to deflate a bit before i ride.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Nope I never give a net unless I am at a show, or they are tied for more than 1 hour or I am late up in which case they get their haynet whilst I am doing jobs as they will be hungry.

I know so many horses that are a pain if tied up without a net - bad habit as there are times when you don't a net to hand and need to tie up.

Mine are used to being tied up for farrier, bathing etc and to stand quietly without having food. Even my youngster does this.

_jetset_

Visit site
I am glad she is settling nicely... I am sure she will learn quickly enough what she should be doing.

I never tie Hannah up with a net because she will stand quietly without one (unless she is in season, and then she just ties herself in knots running around in circles) and it saves me having to sweep up all the mess after mucking out.

Keep us updated on how the two of you are doing!

katiejaye

Visit site
Nope never tie up with a net unless i'm out competing, Louis is perfectly happy tied up on the yard and normally has a little nap while i'm grooming or mucking out! He doesn't really make any noise other than calling to me when he knows I have gone to get his dinner!