Update on Cruisings Ambassador Colt

Flash_28

Visit site
Quite a while ago now I posted a thread on here for a name for my new colt foal I was rescuing. Well he has been home 5 weeks this Thursday and what a busy busy time it has been! He turned up totally unhandled and not knowing what hard feed was at all. After approx 3 and half weeks of trying to get him to eat hard feed he finally has an appetite! :) Although we are still having to take things slowly with his diet as he has a very sensitive tummy still. Within the 1st week he learnt how to have all 4 feet picked out and saw the farrier. He has been slowly learning how to be led in hand and is a lot happier around people now. He has gone from a very nervous pony who wouldn’t let anyone near him to an absolute sweetheart with a temperament to die for! So sweet and not a nasty bone in his body at all. He loves any form of attention he can get now. :)

Everything seemed to be going so well. Then it stated to go a bit wrong. He has a sarcoid on his ear, small hernia and the main issue of upward fixation of the patella. The problem with his back legs is more than certain due to his poor condition, age and that he had been stabled for almost a month between being picked up from previous owner and getting to me at my end. My main job at the moment is to get condition on him and then start to lead him in hand. He is now living out as much as possible to keep him mobile and him from getting stiff. But on the upside he was a star with the vet even while getting prodded and pulled. He is fully vaccinated and his lameness is already improving in the week he has been out.

Including some photos of him when he arrived and on his 1st day and then some new photos from Saturday after a bath and yet more lice treatments!

Foaly arrival

FoalysArrival003.jpg

FoalysArrival004.jpg

FoalysArrival010.jpg

FoalysArrival014.jpg

FoalysArrival013.jpg

FoalysArrival018.jpg

FoalysArrival017.jpg

Foaly’s 1st Day

Before a groom
FoalysFirstDay003-1.jpg

FoalysFirstDay002.jpg

After a groom
FoalysFirstDay004.jpg

FoalysFirstDay013.jpg

FoalysFirstDay017.jpg

FoalysLayIn010.jpg

Foaly on Saturday

BathingDay015.jpg

BathingDay014.jpg

BathingDay013.jpg

BathingDay016.jpg

BathingDay017.jpg

BathingDay018.jpg

BathingDay020.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures!

Tempi

Visit site
Hes so lovely - you are doing a fantastic job with him aswell. Keep the updated pictures coming as I like watching his progress. Hes so lucky to have found you! :)

Flash_28

Visit site
Hes so lovely - you are doing a fantastic job with him aswell. Keep the updated pictures coming as I like watching his progress. Hes so lucky to have found you! :)

Thank you Tempi :) Really nice to hear :) Glad other people like he is as lovely as I think he is.

Crikey what a difference. He's landed on his feet with you hasn't he :D

Thank you :) This is actually the 1st time I have compared Saturdays photos with his 1st photos. When you see him everyday you don't really notice the difference until you look at the pictures.

Flash_28

Visit site
You are doing a great job he is looking so much better, his coat looks 100 times more healthy. x

Thank you 625 :) We are getting there with his coat. We still don't have a summer coat yet. He is still quite fluffy but no where near as bad as he was before!

well done!! he's looking so much better, they thrive on a little bit of TLC as much as good feed!

Thank you Chermar! :) I'm glad others can see an improvement in him.

kerilli

Visit site
Poor little man, he's a very very lucky boy ending up with you, looking much better already, congrats, I hope there's a really lovely horse in there for you eventually to reward all your excellent care.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
He is so rewarding, you can see the improvement already. It'll take him nearly a year to catch up but you've caught him at the best time, he has all the time in the world with no pressures, just be prepared for a long wait and keep taking the pics please.

Flash_28

Visit site
Poor little man, he's a very very lucky boy ending up with you, looking much better already, congrats, I hope there's a really lovely horse in there for you eventually to reward all your excellent care.

Thank you :) I feel very lucky to have found him too as he is such a little sweetie and has the best personality ever. Like when I groom him he tries to groom you back and whenever he sees me he will always come over calling for a stroke even if he is on the far side of the field :) He is just so friendly :)

He is so rewarding, you can see the improvement already. It'll take him nearly a year to catch up but you've caught him at the best time, he has all the time in the world with no pressures, just be prepared for a long wait and keep taking the pics please.

Thank you. He really is rewarding and you can see already all he does is try and please you. We are aiming for a local show for another rescue place which has a best rescue class that I would like to enter him in. But if we don't get there it's not the end of the world. As long as he is healthy and happy thats all that matters :)