Update on daughters birthday present pony 1 summer on!!!

zoelouisem

Visit site
As some of you know and some won't so quick recap.
Last year daughter outgrew her first pony so made the hard decision to part with them and after having a unsuitable loan pony I bought Star or as we call her Star pony for her 8th birthday she thought we were borrowing her we wrapped her up for the big day.

662b5c4a.jpg

So last summer she did a bit of jumping to get both the confidences!!

cb7d1dcbc5aaeb8a01383136ea04698c.jpg

They've been going from strength to strength with their flatwork.

3DDB8529-C345-4BDF-BEF9-004BC11A377D-7182-0000046CBC6C0ED9_zps5e585978.jpg

And today we had the chiltern and Thames final it was big spooky and probably the biggest course to date at 80cm up to height in the first round!!!
They came 8th out of 35, and she was probably one of the youngest in the class and defiantly placed. 'twas a very proud mum moment!!!!

BFA059B9-93AD-49A1-B32B-CB7B3CE65511-7182-0000046C83E019D1_zps6a1fc2e0.jpg

And daughter loves her pony!!!

0FCE307D-1DCF-49A8-96AB-024CCE5BD7F5-7182-0000046C90AF8509_zps6afbbf77.jpg

All in all they make me smile every day!!! Star pony is truly a Star and we couldn't have asked for a better pony!!!!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
What a great combination they are - you are totally justified in being very proud of them both. I recognise that jump in the second to last picture - we use the same course builders for our PC show, and they are very spooky! Well done to team Star! :)

showpony

Visit site
I remember you posting last year! What a team, cracking second last photo . Love your daughters jacket lining matching the ponys fly veil lol...
in fact i think there should be a thread dedicated to hho minis lol.

zoelouisem

Visit site
Thankyou all I am super proud star and daughter adore each other, it's true about the bonds of little girls and their ponies!!!
Yep very very spooky and star pony did used to have a filler phobia but alot of hard work and we seem to have overcome that (touching wood!!!)
One day daughter will get too big for her being I'm nearly 5'11 and dads over 6ft but won't be any time soon so we don't think about that!!! Anyway I will have won the lottery and Star pony can live at home forever!!! ;-))

On a slightly different note people often say dont but from dealers but this pony is why I tell people not to dismiss them as that's exactly where she came from!!!

zoelouisem

Visit site
Haha and yes we have defo got the matchy thing going on jacket fly veil and numnah. She has a white set and navy and gold too and daughter picks each time we go out!!! We're very lucky though were on a big yard so the white and navy set have been handed down!!!
She is a very lucky little girl but its all worth it when she has such a good time!!! :)

cambrica

Visit site
Wow, that pony is every mothers dream, beautiful! And we'll done to your daughter to do so well at such a young age. Fabulous!

Shantara

Visit site
Oh wow!! What an amazing pair :D she looks like a fab little rider!! She doesn't fancy coming to break a shetland for me does she? :p

Lovely pictures, you must be so proud! I'm proud on your behalf!

buddylove

Visit site
I too remember you getting her and how thrilled your lo was!!
They look fab and am more than impressed with the matchy matchy. Question for all horsey mums - do you ever get chance to ride/compete your own horse when your kids start competing?!!

zoelouisem

Visit site
Can't quote as on my phone, thankyou for all the lovely comments!!

Redmone they were great my friend did them as I'm awfull when filming I shake and miss the jumps!! Lol. And wasn't she so good!!! Think we've defo cracked the filler phobia!!!

Chan where are you? She's just done a Shetland I will upload a video later it's hilerous!!!

Buds mum I used to have my but had to sell when I got pregnant, but I'm lucky as I also work with horses and have had some amazing opportunities competing there so it's not to bad!! I don't showjump anymore but it's even more enjoyable doing with the daughter as its something we both love and she's probably going to be far better than me!!!!

zoelouisem

Visit site
Lovely photos. Gosh I thought her last pony was wonderful - how lucky to get another fab one as her second pony.

I know so lucky!!!! She's turned out to be such a special pony.
Not only does she jump and do this she's bombproof daughter canters across fields in groups of ponies in a rubber snaffle.
Her only bad thing is she tries to get with her front feet when I'm clipping her but that's not an issue to me I've done plenty of naughty ones and as she's such an angel in every other aspect she's forgiven!!! :)