Update on daughters elbow

xapplex

Visit site
Well had an appointment yesterday at the hospital (she broke her elbow 3 weeks ago and had pins in it ) well they decided(sp) to remove the plaster cast as its heeling well and they dont want the elbow to stiffen(sp) up any more so she will have lots of phiso to get the elbow moving again, but its still in a sling with a nice long 3 1/2 inch scar , then 4 weeks time back to hospital for another check up to see when she can ride again but i might not be for another few months

xapplex

Visit site
Yes (riding) she was practising her dressage test and he (pony) didnt want to work on the right rein so shot across the sand school then stopped dead ,so she slid up his neck then threw a buck in
frown.gif

Porkie

Visit site
Ooh nasty! Hv a friend who had a nasty accident riding, long & short of it she smashed her elbow pretty bad (amoung other injuries) and has pins holding it together and all sorts now - took lots of physio to get it strong again.

Hope she recovers well and hasn't lost her nerve about getting back on - takes years to build confidence and a split second to loose it!
frown.gif
Wish her the speediest of recoveries....
xx

dozzie

Visit site
Ive done both elbows and got 95% movement back in both, despite being told I would be lucky to get 0% to 50% back, but she has to use it. I carried everyones water buckets!! As she is still growing hopefully they will take the metalwork out. As for the scars, dont comment on them and she will get used to it as shes young enough to accept them.

There is a danger while there are pins in her arm if she falls again so she has to be careful. If it appears that she is not getting movement back, push to get pins removed.

pagancluf

Visit site
Good on her for wanting to ride again - but at 11yrs they seem to bounce better than us that are reaching the 40 mark!!
confused.gif