Update on Honey

debradley

Visit site
Hi everyone. Well it's been a while now so thought I'd post some pictures of how Honey's leg has been coming on. She is absolutely fine in herself and we have now resumed the ground work, but we're a bit limited to what we can do because of the dark nights and weather (bahh).

I'm hoping that by March I'll be back on board and can start doing some really good flat work.

Anyway here goes.

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

As you can see, she'll have a few scars once everything's healed and a lot of her hair is growing back a lighter colour; there may end up being a few places where the hair won't regrow, so we won't be winning any 'pretty pony' competitions, not that I do them anyway, so we won't miss anything.

I'd love to hear your comments.

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
Wow!
I saw the original pictures and this is such good progress. The wounds look really good, and hardly any proud flesh.
smile.gif

You must be so pleased with her!

PS - can we see a full body shot of her? Would be nice to see all of her
laugh.gif

debradley

Visit site
Hi yeah sure. She's not so stiff anymore when I work her but she just has the odd kick out or moody if she over stretches the open wounds which causes them to crack open a bit, but otherwise she's very good. When we first started I was a bit concerned because her stride was very short, but as she has started to loosen up and move this is improving and she is much freer in her movement.

Heres a picture of her. I took this just before the accident back in October it's about the most recent full shot I have of her. Plus I think she looks really pretty here and at the moment she's just hairy and muddy!
DSC00791.jpg

_jetset_

Visit site
You should put up a picture of how the wounds looked before too... I think you will be amazed at how fantastic they are looking! Well done for all of your hard work!

Nari

Visit site
No useful comments, just -WOW!!!!!!

You deserve a huge pat on the back, I never expected such a good outcome when I saw the original pictures. It's lovely to be wrong
smile.gif

Shantor1

Visit site
Her wounds have healed and look A-OK. Well done, you've done brilliant to nurse her through it all. Glad she's well and now you can look forward to riding her again in the spring.

_Libby_

Visit site
QR- I can't believe how much they have come on since last pics. It really is amazing , they look really good.

Well done vet Honey'smummy x

Nickijem

Visit site
Wow - I can't wait to read your post saying you are back on board!
It won't be long - you've been so dedicated and patient with her. Thanks for the update I was wondering how she was.

Dolphin

Visit site
Oh wow her legs look soooo much better! Thank you for putting an update up - I was wondering the other day how she was and if I had missed one of your updates (been spending all my time in the Operation Esther part of the board!)

I'm glad you are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with her. I remember posting on one of your earlier threads that my mare had just injured her tendon. Well, we are 4 months into her having 6 months off work completely so I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel as well!!

You have stayed so positive through the whole thing, when I had bad days (i.e. I moaned and whinged!!) thinking about my mare being injured there was many a time when I thought of you and Honey and said to myself - if Honey's owner can be so positive after all she's been through then I've got no bloody excuse!

Good luck with her continued recuperation and don't forget to keep us posted with your updates.

wizoz

Visit site
Gosh, I remember seeing this when you first posted! How fantastic that she is healing really well, sad about having scaring but like you say, you won't be showing or anything.

So pleased she is on the mend, pat on the back for you for being such a good mummy and persevering.
smile.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It's just amazing to see how fantastically she's healing. Well done, you've obviously been rigorous in your management of her. Her recovery is a real credit to you.
smile.gif

debradley

Visit site
Hi Dolphin great to hear from you. I hope your mare is coming along ok; it can be very frustrating just having to turn them away for long periods of time, but it sounds like you'll be ready to resume your riding at about the same time as me so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Francisthedog - we have a fair idea of who actually loosed her from her stable n barn, but it can't be proved so unfortunately no-one got their wrists slapped this time. But everyone was so mortified about what had happened to her in the village that I'm hoping they'll be too ashamed to do anything like that again to anyone.

But thanks everyone for your positive comments, I won't pretend it hasn't been hard work and there haven't been moments when I've wondered what the hell I'm doing, but we're nearly at the end now and I'm just itching for spring to come now so that we can get back to the enjoyable stuff. I rather think Honey's quite enjoyed her year off though. I think if I transplanted an udder onto her she'd be quite happy to become a cow - she's half way there already!

cas84

Visit site
Wow! you have done a fantastic job with her. What a difference!
I was only wondering how she was getting on a few days ago! Thanks for the update

Tia

Visit site
Oh Deb they look fantastic!!
laugh.gif
I haven't been into this forum for some time so hadn't seen the update. I'm so happy for you. My little man's wound is almost gone now and I am as pleased with him as you are with Honey. Well done!!
smile.gif