Update on horse who fell off the lorry, and excited!!

Skhosu

Visit site
He had grazes on his hock, but they don't seem to be causing any problems, no heat or swelling.
Loaded him on wednesday, and tonight to go places, no problems, walked straight on.
Seems sound, a little more agitated about certain things than normal (stoking neck, brushing mane) but otherwise no ill effect,
Have decided that I may be able to inject him myself, he is generally good with me in most respects, and lets me do most things...so in 6months we'll see! Also thinking a bout a twitch, but reckon in the effort to get that on, would be the same as the effort of getting the injection in.

On a good note, am taking him to castle leslie tomorrow with a couple of friends, so really excited, will be so much fun!

brightmount

Visit site
I remembered your post last week when the vet came to give my horse her booster vaccs, and I was prepared for possible high drama when the needle came out. However, quick injections must be my vet's party trick, as I didn't even see him do the deed. I was like, "have you done it then?". He said, "no point in messing about." My horse never noticed a thing either! Maybe next time you could ask a different vet to vaccinate your horse
smile.gif
I'm glad he hasn't had any loading issues or lasting injuries.

Skhosu

Visit site
That is the other thought, may take just this boy to a diff. practice to see if they can do it..otherwise it's roll up the sleeves and get stuck in!

Tia

Visit site
I'm really pleased to hear this.
smile.gif

I had a horse in England and I had to vaccinate him myself aswell, he was a dozy beggar with me doing it but an absolute hellion with the vet so we opted for the safest way.