Update on Looking for a share horse

lawa

Visit site
Well i have had around 4 responses to my advert.

I clearly put my height and weight in adverts.

So first was a 15.2 light weight mare ( i would cripple her) so politley declined.

The second was a horse the owner woiuld not ride as not predictable but wa fine 90% of the time.

The third, lady contracted me and told me about her horse and her name. It had a very very familiar ring to it, so I ring the lady and say is this mav? we find out it is a lady I rode for, for about 3 years as a teenager on her older horse then helped school her then 3.5 yeard old and it was him! We had a good chat reminising and she even sent me some photos of me riding him as a kid. So i am looking forward to going up and trying him again on tuesday!

lawa

Visit site
Here is a pic of us. The jumping pic is us about 13 years ago and is very special to me as its the only picture i have of me jumping.

And here is is at 15 last year with his owner

Bernster

Visit site
Funny old world isn't it? Is it to ride the same horse, or a different one? The one in the pics is lovely ! Hope goes well. I like how life can give you these nice surprises from time to time.

Boxers

Visit site
Hope the viewing goes well.

But would just say that you should judge the horse on what you want him to do with you, not by the fact that you know his owner and used to ride him years ago.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Hope the viewing goes well.

But would just say that you should judge the horse on what you want him to do with you, not by the fact that you know his owner and used to ride him years ago.

But it is a good starting point - OP knows the horse and what his strengths and weakness are, she will have more confidence on a trial ride than on a complete stranger and she already knows the owners foibles.

lawa

Visit site
It is for the same horse.

And i am judging the horse on what i want to do a couple of scholing sessions hance to copete showing and dressage. Safe as houses but a bit of a spark!

misskk88

Visit site
How exciting, good luck OP!

Nothing beats the feeling of being 'back home'. Really hope that he still meets, and even exceeds your expectations.