Update on my little palomino

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Little horse is just fantastic. Her manners are lovely and she can be easily handled by anyone. She recently encountered a toddler and was as gentle as a lamb. He was so cute trying to work out how it possible that they are the same age.

She’s like a big Labrador puppy, she loves playing and investigates everything. Shoes are a new favourite.

F65E35A8-C8BF-491B-9DBB-F9B724C4D0F2.jpeg

I’ve started to think seriously about my weight and whether I can get to a point where I’m happy backing her myself. I’ve decided to start running a bit which we now do together, in-hand, on the gallops. She trots so sweetly and responds to voice commands to slow, walk or stop. I am abysmally unfit but whenever I come to a grinding halt, she looks at me with such severe disappointment that I am effectively shamed into continuing.

She’s definitely looking a lot less like a balloon animal, and I’m hoping at some point I can say the same about myself!

This is from today:

E747D242-F809-4492-9EFF-2D15C6721DC5.jpeg

And from about 6 weeks ago:

335D8FC1-DE14-4AB7-A605-0FAE7C250DA0.jpeg

I also think she may have grown a bit, and I’m hoping there may be a little bit left in her. She is only just 3. I tried to get a photo of her standing square but it’s not the easiest task. All comments and critiques welcome.

FD7943C5-6834-48A7-8FC6-1884409BB68B.jpeg

And one last one, looking very arab-y in the field:

A78C92E1-0222-4A9B-8F93-D33FF8EA160E.jpeg

BBP

Visit site
She’s just gorgeous. BBPs method of keeping me going when we go out running together is that he bites me is I slow down. Which is all well and good as motivational techniques go but he likes to trot at approximately Mo Farah pace over distance whereas I do not. Your girl sounds much more civilised as a running buddy.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think you have a lot of height to come yet, looking at her. I bought my purebred at four at 14.2 and he made 15 hands.

She is very, very lovely.

J&S

Visit site
Definitely more height to come, do the string test and i bet you will see a couple of inches above her withers.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
She is looking good definitely a bit slimmer I am sure she will grow a bit more, Arabi was about 14 .1 at 3 and fully grown his just 15h, I think Arabs tend to ride bigger anyway so they never feel small or pony like.

Clodagh

Visit site
She is gorgeous, bizarrely her shoulder looks heaps better, is that loss of fat or growing? She looks amazing. She will be a strong girl anyway, with that arab blood.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
I have a massive soft spot for palominos, I'v had two in my life at separate times. I just love love love them.

your little girl looks fab, love hearing your updates on her and she really has come along so much. She is such a pretty thing!

Good luck with the training (both you and her) and well done for taking it all on board.

Can't wait to hear more about her as you both progress.