Update on my XC schooling yesterday and a 'should i'??

Would you streak across a football game for £100,000

• Total voters

Benefice1

Visit site
I posted on Tuesday asking for any tips or advice on XC schooling as i was taking my boy ben up to Gt Witchingham yesterday.

Well, i now know why those that XC love it so much, i had an absolutely amazing time.

We jumped ditches, did steps, splashed around in the water and did loads of jumps, some of which were huge and he just flew them! We had a couple of stops but that was entirely my fault, did the whole 'look at the jump instead of where i was going' thing!! It really was fantastic.

Like some of you suggested he was much better when i did 3 or 4 in a row rather than doing 1 at a time.

Now for the poll!!

There is a HT at Gt Witchingham in a couple of weeks, i would only do the 2'3 class as want to start small....i think we jumped all of the jumps which would be in this class as well as some bigger ones so know he can do it but do you think after only schooling once it is too soon??????

icestationzebra

Visit site
I said go for it! Why not? He was happy jumping the fences and as you said felt much better when you strung a few together - so go and do a course - you will love it. I've taken my mare XC schooling once (not sure she has ever been before) and I am planning my first HT in a couple of weeks
grin.gif

lillie07

Visit site
The best thing to do is to go and do it, but treat it as experience- take it at a pace you are comfortable with and if there is anything on the course you feel is too much then miss it out and if you get into difficulty then retire. That way neither of you are overfaced and the chances are you will fly round and enjoy it at the same time. Have Fun