**UPDATE ON MY YARD**

black_horse

Visit site
following on from my updates about the yard i am currently on, with regards to prices etc and my bill from last month being over £900!

well...im handing mynotice in tomorrow. I pay for training livery and she has been ridden once this week, and turned out twice...they called my saddler out and changed the flocking in my saddle to suit her. didnt tell me (i have a my saddle very specially flocked to help me ride due to my leg). i rode on sunday, thought it felt odd in walk and trot, went up to canter, it was like riding bareback. delicia doing numerous verticle handstands, broncing with me. i thought better of riding any more, went to walk her off on a long rein and she bolted with me. YM was riding next to me and laughed light heartedly saying 'oh dear!'. it scared me so much i burst into tears and jumped off the horse. really shook me off (to note, if i break my leg again, they cannot fix it and would have to cut it off. her behaviour due to my saddle made her so dangerous if i had fallen i would have broken it again).

Turns out horse hadnt been ridden for 3 days!

Saddle now mended and better than ever on wednesday, to note the horse has not been ridden but walked in hand...they are taking the piss!!!

mum went to look at a new place today....part livery 5 days a week, DIY on weekends...loved it! own stable and tackroom! going there in a month once handed notice in at current yard! sooner i hope! im so excieted!!!!

its half the price and i get my horse back!!! plus, with the spared up cash i can book some serious lessons!!!

cookies for getting this far!

Cliqmo

Visit site
Sounds awesome, well done
smile.gif

Shanny

Visit site
Blimey £900!!!!!, I'm glad I keep mine at home.

Good luck with the move, keep us posted how it goes.

black_horse

Visit site
thank you
laugh.gif
i cant wait!!!! i finalyl feel like ill have my horse back. i have been reduced to tears on this yard and my confidence is starting to be affected! not good
frown.gif

Nailed

Visit site
Hun. techinically you can go now.. Because shes broke your contract. So if you want to g. GO for it!

Please its looking up.

Glad someone has a better week.

Lou x

black_horse

Visit site
i know but i have uni exams in just over a week! uni ends in 3 weeks, i want to finish then leave, but if i need to move i will! this yard has a history of withholding tack, passports etc if you dont pay the notice! so if we are to leave, i want to make sure i have EVERYTHING! i refused to give them my passport, and i am starting to carry tack in my car etc rather than leaving it there. im glad i have my own lorry! i can just leave if necessary!!!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
That sounds so much better for you both - good luck with it. Keep us updated.
smile.gif

I think it would be a good move to start moving things not being used of the yard - rugs can go to be 'cleaned' and we all have loads of stuff we don't need everyday. Have a 'spring clean' and chuck stuff you don't need and take home stuff that you do need/want but don't need there - that way when you leave a lot of it will done already.

black_horse

Visit site
hey slinky!!! *waves*

yeah i finally had enough! tried ignoring it all etc but it didnt work. so i am leaving! so pleased

p.s. i am looking for a nice double bridle, good leather but not too expensive! if anyone knows of any
laugh.gif

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
If you are going up to see your horse frequently at the mo gradually remove your stuff.

They cannot withold tack as like it has been said - they broke the contract. So for them to keep it is theft, or blackmail (?) or extortion..........one of them I think. Just make sure you take a few folk with you when you leave, under the guise of them just being there to help you. As they probably wont try anything then.

black_horse

Visit site
yeah i have already thought of that, i have been there and witnessed two people being kicked off the yard, i have an assortment of friends and family 'helping me'
smile.gif

I cant wait, i have been dreading going to see my horse of late and been thinking of selling her etc, im so happy!!! ekk! i feel like a child at christmas! my hormones are all over the place and i wanna cry about all this. its taking so much to stop me blubbing on here!!!

Vickey

Visit site
So glad to hear that things are looking up, agree with slinky, strat taking your stuff home, you certianly dont want anything to go "Missing" just because you are leaving.xx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
So pleased
grin.gif
. The yard is soooo taking the p'. As others have said, get your gear out gradually.

I know I'm a worrywort, but if your lorry is at the yard, I'd send it for a service
grin.gif

black_horse

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So pleased
grin.gif
. The yard is soooo taking the p'. As others have said, get your gear out gradually.

I know I'm a worrywort, but if your lorry is at the yard, I'd send it for a service
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mad.gif
mad.gif
they bettter not touch my lorry! that was my bday present!!1
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
im hormonal! they wouldnt dare! :p

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So pleased
grin.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mad.gif
mad.gif
they bettter not touch my lorry! that was my bday present!!1
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif
im hormonal! they wouldnt dare! :p

[/ QUOTE ]

So go get it booked in for the service
wink.gif
. You can park it down the road on the day you want to move your ned
smile.gif

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
so glad you've found somewhere!
i remember you post, as a YO myself i found it very worrying how they were treating you!
If you've paid up your notice, you can leave whenever you like, as they wont be 'out of pocket' (apart from all the extras they would try and charge for!)
I would be very worried for your stuff though, TBH, from your previous post, this YO/YM? doesnt seem the best so please tread carefully.
Before i was a YO, i once gave 2 weeks notice on a yard (most other people left the same day/were thrown off in an arguement) but i was moving for my own reasons, so gave notice - they made my last 2 weeks hell in every way they could!
i think i would seriously try and move the day after your exam, maybe dont actually tell them until you arrive at the yard (and yes, I'm a YO saying to do this!) i wouldnt be trusting that they will be doing much with your horse now you have given notice so please be extra careful and stay safe as i imagine she will be rather fresh.

and yay again for finding a new yard!

black_horse

Visit site
QR i have devised a new training programme for her. I was going to break her into her double in a month but im lunging her now, introducing longreining and in a week she will start in her double.

i think it is very sad. but it is necessary. i think if i stay, ill give up riding. im too scared of getting hurt here and there is am accident waiting to happen. the YM doesnt understand the necessity that this mare is exercised daily. when she is excercised daily, she is fantastic, otherwise she is a nightmare!

dont worry, i have ridden in doubles for years and have found a nice comfort padded double for her. looking for a nice curb bit and lip strap at the moment!

Divasmum

Visit site
When livery yards are not doing the things they are contracted to do e.g. exercise and do things behind your back such as is the case with your saddle you lose all confidence and trust in the people. Move on. There are some 100% trustworthy and cheaper places out there. Good luck.

Tinypony

Visit site
This is great news, good luck! I worry with your posts though, that someone from your yard could easily read them and identify you.