Update on side bone issues

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Well, after us thinking He would have to be retired, he has come sound again.. so the side bone must have stability now. And he is sound in walk and trot.. No canter tried yet as he is unfit.. now to fix his sore back from compensating for his fronts ? That’s being done this next week..
But all looking good so far. May be able to be worked under saddle in a week or so.. schooling on
long reins going good

Last edited:

asmp

Visit site
Afyer my horse’s X-rays showed large calcified side bones a few weeks ago, I rode him out in his new hoof boots this weekend having had his shoes taken off and he seemed so much happier. He was walking out from the start whereas he used to feel a bit short at the beginning of a ride.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Mine came sound too but he is micro managed to keep him sound. Foot balance and broad web shoes, no hammering along roads and careful weight management. My lad is huge but he does seem to be comfortable with his weight below 750kg. Sparse grazing and 2 year old hay soaked is keeping him there now, but I’m on last heston of old old hay now and the new hay will be too many calories for him to stay slim.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Mine came sound too but he is micro managed to keep him sound. Foot balance and broad web shoes, no hammering along roads and careful weight management. My lad is huge but he does seem to be comfortable with his weight below 750kg. Sparse grazing and 2 year old hay soaked is keeping him there now, but I’m on last heston of old old hay now and the new hay will be too many calories for him to stay slim.

AA, isn't it a myth that older hay has fewer calories in it? I don't think the calories reduce much over time (unless it rots of course! ). Did you mean your new hay is cut from sweeter grass?