Update on Slippy Road

kick_On

Visit site
Found name of chappie incharge of scheme, had along chat yesterday. Learnt something new, appartently the wrong 'sort of stone' has been used in mixture, not rough enough??
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
, so they had to remove that surface and now have replaced with different surface yesterday and monday, with rougher stones.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I know your meant to learn something new everyday, well mine was all about tarmacing
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
and roughness of stones
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

So going to have ago at walking on new surface again at weekend see how we go, and have also arranged site visit with chap...
i'll keep you posted

Alibear

Visit site
well done you , there was an article on this surface in H&H last year and how leathal it was when not enough chippings were used, they used it roudn ehre to and quickly had to replace it.

Well done you,, for some reason I'm thinking it was called EMA but that's probbly totally wrong.
blush.gif

wench

Visit site
Its called SMA - I think it stands for surface mastic asphalt.

If you want any info on road construction, just ask - I build them!!!

kick_On

Visit site
mmm..... you do have a link to said article or copy you could post to me ????
Been to BHS website and got info about what guidance local athorities are meant to use, but more info the better.

kick_On

Visit site
ooo brilliant.............
Right chappie was said on road constrcution that they have to take into consideration, the amount of traffic use, speed of traffic, whether road will be salted in winter
Now how he explained it was:
number of stones in mixture determines drainage and roughness of stones gives road its anti skid properties
Now what i want to know is how do they test quailitiy of road surface once laid??? Now if it turns out again to be too slippy is ther another treatment they can do which is cheaper that removing said surface.
Any links to website would be useful etc....
The other thing was if my horse slipped on road and i was injuried, how would i prove that road construction was faulty????