Update on the psycho one

LauraBR

Visit site
Been away visiting family since Thurs (lovely weekend, so nice to get away and chill).

Someone came to see Fal just before I left- liked him but wants to come back and ride him to see how much of a problem there is. Second person came after I left, had call from YO to say he wanted to take him home for a few days to learn a bit more about him- few days lunging and long reining and then riding.

So, he got picked up on Friday... wondering how he has got on and keeping fingers crossed.

Also, rang up about the SJ schoolmaster on loan, going to see him one night this week. Owner (and horse) sound absolutely lovely.

Irishcobs

Visit site
You let some guy take your horse when you weren't there? What happens if he steals him? Do you no this guy?

Irishcobs

Visit site
Oh phew I read it as some random guy walked away with Fal. Thats good then, hopefully he will be able to see if he can help Fal then.

Snowberry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh phew I read it as some random guy walked away with Fal. Thats good then, hopefully he will be able to see if he can help Fal then.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - thats how i read it too. I was just about to PM lzt!! LOL

Fingers crossed he'll be able to sort him out then, be nice if its someone you know/yo knows etc...

ruscara

Visit site
I do hope it goes well and Fal has found his new home. And also that you like the boy you are going to see. I will wait for good news towards the end of the week!
smile.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Hopefully things will go well with Fal and for your visit to see this school master too. How old is her by the way? I remember you saying he was older than you would normally look for.

LauraBR

Visit site
Schoolmaster is WAY WAY older than I would be looking for- he's 18!!!!!!!!!

BUT he's sound as a bell and a grade B SJer. He'll take a complete novice round silly SJ heights, hunt, hack everything! Very special horse by the sounds of things and YO knows the owner well.

Just think he might be just what I need to go out and start having fun again, build my confidence back up and get my jumping back on track.

Need to make sure I'm sure about him before I take him on though- he is a much loved horse who has done so much for so many people, they understandably don't want to loan him out short term- if I take him on it will need to be for a couple of years.

One of the pros who has done a lot of work with the psycho one called me today to say she has a horse perfect for me too. More money than I will get for psycho one but going to go and see him this week too- can always take out a small loan to make up the difference if he is the right horse and he isn't advertised so I can go and try him as many times as I like, try him in all possible situations etc.

_jetset_

Visit site
Sounds like you are finally going to enjoy yourself again riding! You will know whether either horse is the right one for you, and I am glad you are going seeing more than one because I think that can help make your mind up about a horse if it is compared to another.

Good luck in your search, keep us up to date with what you think of them both when you have seen them.

Rebecca

ruscara

Visit site
Well, the old saying about one door closing and another opening appears to be right!
smile.gif
I do hope one of the possible horses is right for you; you will soon know. It's an exciting and sad time for you, all at once!

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks Rebecca, and thanks to everyone for their kind words, much appreciated x

You guys are such a supportive bunch, what would I do without you?!
smile.gif

Puppy

Visit site
Best of luck. Hope things work out for the pair of you - you certainly deserve a change of luck. xxx