update on think i am loosing my dear old cat

Finlib

Visit site
R.I.P Vladimir .Today Vlad had a massive seizure rushed him up to the vets who suspect neurological problem possible brain tumor he has lost all his sight now and although by the time I got him to the vets he was starting so come out of it he was massively confused. He had been sleeping the last couple of days with his head pressed into the corner of his bed. The vet and myself both felt it was kinder to let him go .He is buried on the bank looking out over the fields king of all he surveys .Going to miss the old boy.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I'm so sorry to hear this news, rest in peace Vladimir. From your previous posts it sounds like he had a wonderful life with you OP. Hope you're doing ok, sending lots of hugs xxx

poiuytrewq

Visit site
So sorry rip Vlad.
I just read a poem on Facebook, actually about dogs but it was lovely, they are just walking ahead of us and will be waiting, something along those lines but I nice thought for a beloved pet. Hugs xx

Mule

Visit site
Oh I'm sorry😔, rip Vlad. Hope you're doing ok horselib. We get so close to them, don't we. I think he'd appreciate being where he's king of all he surveys. It's very appropriate for a
cat. xx

Finlib

Visit site
thanks everyone .I am ok but really miss the old boy stalking his domain. He was larger than life in his youth nearly 6 kilos! and definitely ' king of the castle' our dogs loved him but always showed due deference When he came into the lounge they always let him have his place in front of the fire. He is the 3rd animal I have lost this year a T/B aged 30 and an Arab (cushings) aged 26 had both of these over 20 years so not a great year for me but they say things come in threes so maybe that is it now .Vlad was the last of the oldies the other cat the 3 horses and 2 dogs are all much younger
poiuytrewq I agree I do believe they are just a few steps ahead of us.

We are away on holiday November when we get back I will start looking for another 'untouchable' to take over vermin control with my other barn cat Igor and make another cats 9th life a good one.
Vlad came to us as a frightened stray used up 8 of his 9 lives so we made sure his last life was a good one!

Last edited:

Finlib

Visit site
Here is Vladimir enjoying life

Attachments

• 20160819_160422.jpg
    20160819_160422.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180823_134905-1.jpg
    20180823_134905-1.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 4