Update re sarcoid and Thuja cream and tablet treatment

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Well we've been giving Bailey Thuja pills in his feed every afternoon and applying the Thuja cream to the sarcoid that sprung up for about 2 and a half weeks now.

I poked my head under to have a look at it on Sunday evening and it had gone! Completely dropped off and where it was is just healing back.

I am a complete sceptic with these things and went down the Liverpool cream route on a previous one (which was definitely the right thing to do with that one) and if I hadn't seen what the Thuja had done with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Just wanted to share my success story, and I am completely over the moon!

Brightbay

Visit site
:D

Obviously, it would have happened anyway, without the creams and pills ;)

Funny how the least intrusive methods often work as well as the big guns...

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
:D

Obviously, it would have happened anyway, without the creams and pills ;)

Funny how the least intrusive methods often work as well as the big guns...

Ha!

It is, but I think you have to take each one on what type of sarcoid they are. The aggressive one he had on his ear last year needed two courses of Liverpool treatment and I think that was the best one for it. This one was very different hence why get said to give the Thuja a go :)

3Beasties

Visit site
Never heard of Thuja, what is it and where is it from?

What type of sarcoids do they work well on?

KSR

Visit site
It work for my horse a few years ago.. I'll dig out photos and post..

Glad it worked for you (apparently :p )

mulberrymill

Visit site
I have bought the cream and tablets for one of my boys, who is very sarcoid prone. I banded the big one and it eventually dropped off. The area is surrounded by lots of small ones, i am keeping an eye on them and if they start to grow I am planning on giving the Thuja a try. Thanks for the update , thats encouraging news

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
Never heard of Thuja, what is it and where is it from?

What type of sarcoids do they work well on?

This one was a flat grey occult one. It was recommended to me by a friend and my vet mentioned it too. I got the 30c Nelsons pills from holland and Barrett and ordered the thuja cream from a site someone recommended on a previous thread I did about it - I'll have a look for it and PM you :)

It work for my horse a few years ago.. I'll dig out photos and post..

Glad it worked for you (apparently :p )

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it.

the cream and sarc ex are working on my boy...might just do the cream and get thuja tabs though

I tried sarc-ex previously over a year ago and it did bugger all. I wouldn't try it again. It is horses for courses; this particular course works on my horse but another didn't :)

My vet is really happy too!

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
I have bought the cream and tablets for one of my boys, who is very sarcoid prone. I banded the big one and it eventually dropped off. The area is surrounded by lots of small ones, i am keeping an eye on them and if they start to grow I am planning on giving the Thuja a try. Thanks for the update , thats encouraging news

No probs. they are irritating things to deal with, but as a cynic I have to hold my hands up and thought it should be shared :)

It is a thick (odd but strangely nice smelling!) cream which also works very well at keeping flies off it.

3Beasties

Visit site
This one was a flat grey occult one. It was recommended to me by a friend and my vet mentioned it too. I got the 30c Nelsons pills from holland and Barrett and ordered the thuja cream from a site someone recommended on a previous thread I did about it - I'll have a look for it and PM you :)

That would be great thanks, I've got a horse with 3 flat ones and although they don't seem to affect him it would be nice to get rid of them :)

Are these the right pills?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nelsons-A...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item33792d9778

How many do you feed a day?

Last edited:

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
That would be great thanks, I've got a horse with 3 flat ones and although they don't seem to affect him it would be nice to get rid of them :)

Are these the right pills?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nelsons-A...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item33792d9778

How many do you feed a day?

That's aconite! I wouldn't buy stuff like that from Ebay as I'm paranoid about it. Holland and Barrett do them and they are about £5 per tube and it says Thuja on the front. I just click 6 pills (they're little balls) into his feed as I give it to him. Vet and I discussed it and she was happy with that.

I've only ever seen Nelsons sell them, so that's what the tube looks like but says Thuja on the front instead of aconite. :D

Would always recommend having a natter to your vet as well. Mine has known Bailes and I for years with all the scrapes he's got himself into and so we natter informally about stuff and that's when we chatted about this and sh said give it a go. I sent pictures so she could see it and the proviso was if it got worse we'd review what we did.

3Beasties

Visit site
That's aconite! I wouldn't buy stuff like that from Ebay as I'm paranoid about it. Holland and Barrett do them and they are about £5 per tube and it says Thuja on the front. I just click 6 pills (they're little balls) into his feed as I give it to him. Vet and I discussed it and she was happy with that.

I've only ever seen Nelsons sell them, so that's what the tube looks like but says Thuja on the front instead of aconite. :D

Would always recommend having a natter to your vet as well. Mine has known Bailes and I for years with all the scrapes he's got himself into and so we natter informally about stuff and that's when we chatted about this and sh said give it a go. I sent pictures so she could see it and the proviso was if it got worse we'd review what we did.

Ahh have found them now :eek: :eek: