UPDATE results on my JRT

misst

Visit site
Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

The vet phoned at 10.25 last night - he had had an emergency case and had only just finished operating, bless him.

The scans are inconclusive:( There is no obvious tumour but he thinks it is too small to see and had warned me this could happen. She has muscle atrophy and brachial plexus paralysis, the only other cause for this problem is trauma, we are pretty sure she has not had any and the onset was not sudden, more of a progressive lameness and paralysis.
There is a very small chance that it is a very rare inflamatory reaction to something unknown.

As the scan is inconclusive we are going to give her some high dose steroids for a week and review her then. TBH I am not terribly hopeful and I do not think he is but we have no other options.

So more waiting and hoping. She is such a good girl and is trying so hard to get around when we let her. Heartbreaking:(

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Arrrgh, frustrating that you're not really much more forward than you were before with regard to actually knowing a prognosis. I do hope she comes right - and soon.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Beng left in limbo is a horrible state to be left in and Im sure your imagination is running wild. I do hope it is something like her knocking her leg and a reaction to it, wishing you all the best for a very happy outcome.

misst

Visit site
Thanks again everyone much appreciated. Hopefully the steroids start tomorrow and I will speak to the vet in a week.
She is a bit more cheerful today and actually started scrounging food and being annoying this evening so maybe she is not so bad... lets hope anyway she is such a sweetheart.

Also a big recomendation for Fitzpatrick Referals - the "bionic vet". What a dedicated and caring man. I was wary about going there in case he wanted to do lots of experimental stuff. They are all so nice and so professional. I don't know when that man has time off but he seems to be there and be available 24/7. Very honest and straightforward.