update windgalls better or worse?? any ideas

loopylucifer

Visit site
Ok anyone that had not read previous post. short update, Horse developed large windgall on hindleg and was mildly lame on it vet advised bute and icy twice daily and paddock rest for wk.
Ok so squigie bit has now nearly gone completly(been four days bute and 3 days ice) but we now have a small bean sized lump which is semi hard and slightly moveable sort of feels fiberouis/cyist like?? it is in the same place as the windgall was. Still on bute so not sure if lame or sound. phoning vet ontues for update but any idears on this lump???
confused.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Unfortunately there is no way of telling what is going on in there until it is scanned - do you have a clinic locally or do your vets have a mobile scanner? Im surprised they prescribed bute. I would keep icing and hosing as many times each day as possible, at least for two weeks or until ned is scanned. The windgall is there to protect a weakness. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Impossible to say and agree I would scan if it was my horse, but for what its worth, I've noticed my mare's "windgalls" go much harder and sometimes smaller, when her annular ligament is constricting again, so definitely worth pushing for a more thorough exam IMHO (and the last 18 month's frustrating experience!!!)