Update

vanessahook

Visit site
Thought i would let you all know how my mare is getting on.
The Regumate worked an absolute treat, completely changed her into a placid, cooperative lovely!! She even had her first sugar lump for three years during a schooling session!!!
Then she came back off the Regumate and did well for another week then disaster struck, she came into season and all hell let loose again!! Trying to attack me over the stable door and back to rearing when ridden so i'm picking up more Regumate today and the vet is leaving it to me to find the key to keeping her sane. Hopefully i will be able to get her down on a low does cos its far too expensive to keep her on a high dose indefinitely!!!

Tempi

Visit site
Hi Hun - well at least youve hopefully found out whats wrong with her, or at least what she needs to keep her sweet and nice! I know what you mean about expense - Bloss has to have cortaflx AND this stuff from Global Herbs for her pollen allergy every month, costs me around £100 p/m not including her feed...........

Im not going to look at that Springsteen one anymore tomorrow - my trainer has (hopefully) got a lovely 5yo for me (see my post further down).

vanessahook

Visit site
It is nice to know i can control her but at the moment its costing £130 for 10 days worth of Regumate!!! There goes any treats for me for a long time, ha ha!!
I saw your post and looked at him in H&H, looks very nice. You could always see the Sprinsteen one if you dont like this other one, it kinda depends if you want something to ride immediately or not. Also it is nice to break them yourself, i did my girl and loved every minute!!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Glad to hear the regumate worked. Presumably you are giving two squirts a day - so going through a can a month - which is pricey.

You may have to fiddle around a bit to get it down to the minimum that works - gradually over a period of time.

Get yourself a disused syringe (minus needle) and start using that to administer it (still via the feed obviously). They're also handy to have to get the last dregs out of the can when it stops administering the required dosage. You can then start dropping the dosage by a small amount each day until you discover what works.

Hope that helps.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It is nice to know i can control her but at the moment its costing £130 for 10 days worth of Regumate!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Just saw this - I'm horrified. You are being well and truly ripped off. My mare is on Regumate and a 30 day supply costs £50.00 from the vet.

You really are being taken advantage off by your vet if this is the case.
blush.gif

vanessahook

Visit site
I dont know how much a "squirt" equates to but my mare needs 15ml a day which means she is going through nearly a big bottle in two weeks. I know a big bottle from one of the local vets is £130, i haven't actually seen my own vet bill yet.
Were you being given pig Regumate, cos that is cheaper than the equine version. I am going to ask to go onto this if i have to give it to my mare long term.