lottie08

New User
Visit site
Hi,
Bought my mare 4 years ago and still have the change of ownership form oops, her passport has since been water damaged but it’s not too bad there’s nothing totally illegible but it isn’t great! It would cost me approx £25 to have the passport replaced as well as vets fees on top, it’s another £20 for the change of ownership plus paying for the passport to be returned to me!

I’d be saving a fair bit of money not having it replaced, plus it would mean her vaccination record would be saved. But how much damage is too much? I’m worried if I send it off just for the change of ownership they might refuse it due to the damage?

She’s passported with Sport Horse breeding of Great Britiain - also am I better off sending the money with it by cash or cheque?

Thanks! :)

Henry02

Visit site
Speak to them. I have always found SHB (GB) very helpful. With any luck the silhouette is on their database and it will just be a case of doing you up a new passport.

one thing to bear in mind though is the vaccination pages. I had to send my (EU) horses passport back for a new section ix. They sent me a lovely new passport back, minus any vaccinations history - they wouldn’t put the original pages back in. I had to re-contact the previous vets that had done them to get them to re-populate the vaccinations. I’d just bought the horse and it was a good Job I was in touch with previous owner, else I’d have had to start vaccs all over again. (Mind if they’d have updated the passport, they could have had the section ix done in the U.K. this was stopped literally just after I bought the horse.)

lottie08

New User
Visit site
Speak to them. I have always found SHB (GB) very helpful. With any luck the silhouette is on their database and it will just be a case of doing you up a new passport.

one thing to bear in mind though is the vaccination pages. I had to send my (EU) horses passport back for a new section ix. They sent me a lovely new passport back, minus any vaccinations history - they wouldn’t put the original pages back in. I had to re-contact the previous vets that had done them to get them to re-populate the vaccinations. I’d just bought the horse and it was a good Job I was in touch with previous owner, else I’d have had to start vaccs all over again. (Mind if they’d have updated the passport, they could have had the section ix done in the U.K. this was stopped literally just after I bought the horse.)

No problem will try and get in touch with them again as I couldn’t get an answer today! Yes this is my only worry with replacing the passport is the vaccination pages!