Upsetting news.... R.I.P Chantelle...........

Mooch

photobucket.com
OscarChantelle.jpg

c39dc219.jpg

chantelle.jpg

chantelle3.jpg

Such upsetting and shocking news.

My childrens pony Chantelle sadly passed away in her field late this afternoon.

She had only been with us for under a year and she was the most amazing gentle happy pony. I bought her for my daughter when she came off the lead rein and needed something gentle and easy to ride. To say that she was bompbroof was to say the least!!!!!!! 100% safe in every way.

We had been treating her for Laminitis, that came on very suddenly and without cause. The vet had been out several times and I had mentioned Cushings to him. It was by pure fluke that a lady came out to see my Warmblood that I have for sale, and the lady that came with her recognised Chantelle straight away.

It turns out that she had been caring for her for several years at the yard she was at. She was a lot older than we knew and that she had got Cushings. It was upsetting and a shock for us but because she was such a part of the family it didn't matter to us and I was just going to care for her in the very best way I could.

Things really improved and I had only spoken to the vet yesterday. Her painkillers had been reduced with great success and she was out grazing in a small paddock with another pony of ours for company. I really thought we had turned the worst point of her Laminitis as she had perked up and improved so much. Only last night, she was chasing my daughter around the paddock for her feed, before Ellie had had the chance to wet it down.

Our adorable pony will be very sadly missed by all that knew her.

Rest in peace baby girl.

JadeWisc

Visit site
Oh I am so sorry! poor little Chantelle. I am sorry that you may have been lead to believe she were younger and healthy. So sad that your family had to go through that! RIP little pony!

Mooch

photobucket.com
I know!!!!!!!!! To be honest tho, her age never bothered me at all. It was her that we fell in love with and the safety that she provided my children.

I am glad she was with us and that she hadn't been passed from pillar to post or left with someone that didn't care for her.

She had the best possible care we could provide her and all the love in the world. In return she repayed us by being her!!!! Just the best!

Puppy

Visit site
Oh how terribly sad!
frown.gif

I really feel for you and your family, I'll bet your daughter is devastated.

Please find comfort in knowing you clearly gave her the most lovely home to end her days.

(((hugs)))

H. xx

Mooch

photobucket.com
She is and my son. The worst bit was having to come back and tell them.

We also had to then rush out and view a house as we have sold ours and need to find something asap.

I felt horried, but it was too late to cancel.

I guess in a way it acted as a distraction.

All Ellie wanted to do was to go and see her to say goodbye...

Zebedee

Visit site
What lovely pictures & what lovely happy memories you must all have of her. How lucky she was as well that you cared so much for her, and were able to keep her comfortable & pain free.

Tia

Visit site
I'm so sorry Mooch. What a lovely little pony she was. You did everything you could for her but when it is the time there is nothing any of us can do. I am sure she knew how loved she was and you and your children have to try to remember all the wonderful things she gave to you.

With sympathy,

Tia x

GDB

photobucket.com
Oh Mooch, Im so sorry. These ponies do find their way into our hearts dont they?
We went to say 'goodbye' to katy's first pony, Polo, a few weeks ago. He was mid 20's and was collicing and the YO who I sold him too rang me to tell me he was v ill...
To have the chance to cuddle him and thank him for starting it all was wonderful.. and the next day the YO and I met at a Dressage comp and there were two hard faced horseywomen, hugging each other in tears right in the middle of the showground..

May she RIP.....and join all those other much loved equines in horsey heaven...

HX

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
How sad for you all as it is going to be so difficult to replace a pony with such a nice and safe temprement.

If your pony had Cushings while it was in its previous ownership it should have been on daily medication. It is so sad, irresponsible and un-caring of the previous owners that they did not tell you that the pony had Cushings or pass details of the medication the pony was on to you.

Ginn

Visit site
A gorgeous pony who clearly was very much loved and will be very much missed.

(((((Big huggles))))) to you and your family

Rest in Peace Chantelle

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I think it's always worse when they die just as you think you're winning, one of ours last year seemed to pick up and mentally we thought he would be ok, so to see him go backwards so rapidly was hard, and I really feel for you. Like us you must have thought you were on the homeward stretch.
That looks to have been the perfect child's pony and no doubt your children are devastated.
I am so sorry but looking at the pics your pony had a really happy life and gave pleasure to many people. I hope that helps you all cope.