URGENT - Anyone in the NW please read!

_jetset_

Visit site
The person who does my full livery when I am away (you may remember a post about me thinking of doing freelance livery which is still an option at the moment) has come and seen me today. She has said she can no longer do a livery service because of her back, which is totally understandable. However, she has sort of left me in the lurch.

I am going away 28th Sept - 3rd Oct and then I am away at New Year in Barbados and will need someone to do full livery for me.

I will need someone who is confident around horses and knowledgeable as she is in foal and will be in her last trimester in December.

Does anyone know of someone who could offer this service or if not a yard that offers holiday livery???

Thanks so much for your help,

A very stressed out Rebecca x x

Tempi

Visit site
oh hun, i wish i was near you as id be happy to help out!! Han can come on holiday to my yard and stay with Bloss!!! But its a bit of a mission for you!!

Hope you find someone xx

_jetset_

Visit site
YO does not do the horses as she has a really bad allergy to the shavings... plus, she has the yard so it runs itself and I would feel really cheeky asking when she doesn't even have a horse anymore!

Everyone at the yard works, and they are all now struggling because this person used to turn out for them in the mornings. A lot of the people start work at 8pm and leave up to forty minutes away so couldn't ask them... only me not working at the moment!

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks Kate... really appreciate it. I can move her somewhere for the September holiday, but am quite reluctant to do it while we are away at New Year as she will be 10 months in foal and I don't think it would be fair on her.

But will have a look into the Yorkshire one for Sept.

P_G - I would have loved her to come and live with Bloss... shame you are not closer!

_jetset_

Visit site
That is one option, but to be honest it would be a last resort as they will still have a lot of horses in there and it would mean her living out, which she has never done before.

I don't want to do any sudden changes, but rather than do that I have a friend who owns a field where she keeps her horses, but again it would mean living out. I would rather send her somewhere she can have a stable at night, especially at the end of Sept. But definitely at New Year!

I am just so cross... I felt really chilled about it all because I always knew I could rely on this person to do Hannah, but now I am going to be quite stuck through winter as they are only allowed out for a couple of hours and if I am working I might not be able to get back, and therefore she would end up stuck in.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
becki - sadly, I'm nowhere near you otherwise I'd be happy to help out (and have an in-foal mare who is due end April ....) but wondered if you have anything like we do down here, which is a free local advertiser with a horse section, and quite often "horse sitters" advertise there. I used one who was great for our spring hols; I asked her to come in a couple of times before I went away, and (sneaky!) got other liveries to let me know how she did with the horses when I wasn't around. It worked out really well. I know its not ideal using someone who you don't know, especially with a mare heavily in foal, but often "horse sitters" are well experienced, I think. Worth a try?

hadleigh

Visit site
Rebecca You may recall I posted with exactly the same problem a couple of days ago. I have managed to find someone locally who may suit you but they are based in Northwich Cheshire. Let me know if they are of interest to you and I will Pm you the details. However I have only spoken to this lady on the phone but she seems to be knowlegable and my loony horse didn't phase her at all.

hadleigh

Visit site
I am sure she travels but not sure how far. You would probably have to pay if you are miles away!!! I have her phone number and it's probably best if you talk to her yourself. Happy to PM the details but am fairly new to the forum and NOT computer literate so you will have to talk me through how to do it!!!

_jetset_

Visit site
How about I PM you and then you can just reply?? You'll get a flashin envelope where the User Details thing is on the top left hand side of the screen.

OWLIE185

Visit site
I would ask at the local agricultural/horse feed merchants/visiting riding instructors if they know who does the local mobile/groom/house sitting service for people who keep their horses at home etc.

Parkranger

Visit site
There's nothing wrong with asking the YO her advice though!
grin.gif
she may well know someone who can help.....or offer herself! x

_jetset_

Visit site
I have mentioned it to the YO this morning and she has said she can do a few days if I am really struggling but I don't think she meant the full week I am away and certainly not the 10 days I am away at New Year.

She doesn't know anyone who does it either
frown.gif