URGENT GRASS LIVERY

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Dear all,

I am trying to help out a very good friend of mine. Her horse is currently at Newmarket after having undergone an operation to repair a deep tear in his tendon. She has been told by vets she can't ride him again and is torn between having him PTS and letting him live out. He may not take kindly to living out but it is out hope that he will adapt. He is approx 11 years old and is a very easy to handle sweet natured gelding (15.2 hh ISH)

He needs:
· Limited turn out (no more than a couple of acres)
· Shelter
· Checking daily
· Worming
· Feet trimmed every 6 - 8 weeks
· A companion (not the usual livery herd!)
· To be in the South East or the West Midlands
· Remain hers in name, with visiting rights

She can pay towards his keep but can’t go over £150/month. She found a retirement yard in Shropshire for £150/month but it’s a bit far for her liking.

Any ideas greatly received.

Thanks HBxx

Kelly1982

Visit site
Why doesn't she try putting him on loan to a companion home??

I had loads of emails when i was going to put my horse up.

Failing that there is a retirement home in Swanley (i noticed you were Kent borders so dont know how far this is for you).

Kelly1982

Visit site
I dont have any contact details but i have just emailed my friend as she was thinking of sending her horse there. She decided against it though as her horse was not ready for retirement.

You may be able to find it on the net??

Winifred

Visit site
My sister is possibly looking for a companion for her retired hunter who did both hind tendons and has been looking into a retirement livery with little success. We are near Canterbury.

valentine

Visit site
hi i am despratley looking for a companion for my foal when i wean him i am in the reading area i can offer all the care but unable to pay for another. mine are turned out in about 2 1/2 acres and can go out for 24hrs i am in a livery yard and work shifts so myself or my husband are always about maybe i can help?

valentine

Visit site
hi would be good but is just so far away such a shame
frown.gif