Urgent How much?

Helenabbey

Visit site
Went to see a horse yesterdayand loved, loved, loved it.
15hh Welsh Sec D gelding, 3yo, bay with 3 whites and a star. Backed and ridden away, very balanced and together for a 3yo. Lovely to do in stable, placid natured but with loads of 'sparkle' lovely movement and I am told very well bred.

Would be used for a bit of everything, and for the price they want I feel I'm getting a bargain. I am trying to find the extra money today as I wasnt going to buy til spring. I'm quite happy with the price but want to see what you all say so I can consider haggling in order to kep some money to buy him a new saddle too.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Without seeing him it would be difficult to say however you appear to like him & he does what you want. You believe you are getting a bargain therefore he's at the right price.

You could always haggle & offer a few hundred under & see what the seller says, they can always say no but they may say yes. You can always revert to the original price if they don't want to accept the lower offer.

I always believe that if you really want the horse & consider that the seller is asking a fair price then pay the price. It's not worth losing the animal because you want to save a few pounds..............just my view though. Good Luck

Kermie

Visit site
Would totally depend on her conformation IMO. If she is show quality, then I reckon a 3 year old could easily cost £3k, maybe even more. No harm in haggling in any case - most people expect it.

Helenabbey

Visit site
Oh good, most of you have just about got it right!
The thing I like about him above all is he seems really bold and quiet at the same time. I was tying to take a pic on my phone to send to my mum who is away at the mo, but I couldnt get him to step back from the camera, he is so nosey and friendly. He looks like he is my ideal new friend and am taking YO to see him to make the final descision.
Descison already made in my head tho!! So much so I have just washed my spare stable rug
grin.gif

Thank you to all who have replied.