Urgent livery required for stallion as near to Brighton as possible

sandrawebzell

Visit site
I joined the forum for one very important reason. My husband and I have owned an extremely well behaved, well mannered stallion for the last 10 years, who is our pride and joy, and we need to find a quiet, friendly livery yard for him as near to Brighton, East Sussex as possible and as soon as possible.

Our horse's current routine is ideal for him and we need to keep that the same - ie individual daily turnout all year round, from 9-4 in his own field, all weathers. Somewhere with great hacking is also important as we are basically happy hackers and don't compete.

We have been in our current yard for 5 years, and we hate to have to move a horse who is basically very settled and happy but circumstances require that we move very soon. If anyone can help we would be really grateful.

TrecPeter

www.alwena.com
Hello, probably can't help you that much, as I moved away from Brighton in the 80s. I know that there are some yards around the Lewes area, only 8 miles away from Brighton. I think you can do some good hacking over the South Downs from there - there is the South Downs Bridle path which goes all the way along the ridge.

From what I saw on a recent visit to the UK, there were stacks on horse owners on the Sussex Weald. I don't remeber seeing that many in the 70s/80s.

Good luck !

Rambo

Visit site
Hmmmm....If you are stuck then Brendon Stud would probably be able to put you up. Not sure if they do long term livery, but they would certainly be able to handle a stallion for you, which a lot of other yards might not be able or prepared to do
crazy.gif

sandrawebzell

Visit site
Yes, I know Brendons but far too 'busy' for him and no stallion turnout which he's used to! Need to find the right place and stay put. He's very easy to handle and not like a lot of stallions - just needs some nice quiet yard with his own field - but it's SO HARD to find!!! Also he's quite small - only 15.1. I think the word 'stallion' scares people when this one is easier to manage than most mares and quite a few geldings!!! Thanks for all the replies so far, feel a bit less alone now. . .