Urgent - The Classification

GTs

Visit site
We have had a lot of 'Urgent' posts that I think we need to classify what warrants putting urgent in the subject line.

Things I think you can put as urgent:

Urgent - My horse is missing

Urgent - My horse is missing a leg

Urgent - My horse is a little sick, should I call the vet

Urgent - My mare got out with a rig

Urgent - I am hunting tomorrow and can not find my hip flask

Things that are not urgent:

What breed is he/what is his background

Foaling help for a foal expected in 2020

Any sort of rant

etc.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
What exactly is urgent about this post, that warrants urgent in the title?
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

WeeBrown

Visit site
hehe - I'm not sure if I'd just noticed my horse was missing that posting on here would be my first concern though maybe my husband might post instead: urgent -wife going mad running round like a headless chicken.

TGM

Visit site
Totally agree and I have brought this subject up before! When people regularly post non-urgent stuff under an URGENT heading it means genuinely URGENT posts are more likely to be missed.

It also helps if people can make the title more descriptive than just URGENT - HELP NEEDED, so people can see at a glance whether it is a situation they can help with. For example, URGENT - HORSE BLEEDING PROFUSELY, URGENT - HORSE STOLEN, URGENT - NEED FARRIER/VET IN SURREY etc!

Patches

Visit site
Totally see where you are coming from.

How many times do we click on "***URGENT***" posts only to find it's something totally trivial. Makes me wonder how people would cope if a real emergency were to arise.

Of course the only genuinely "urgent"problems that reduce me to tears, have me running around like a headless chook and begging Duncan for his assistance, are when my Wireless connection is lost or I can't find the TV remote when Strictly Come Dancing is about to start!
wink.gif