URGENT Towing Question

vicm2509

Visit site
When towing a single horse in a twin trailer does the horse go on the left or the right? I know this has been asked loads of times before but I usually use a box so havent really taken much notice
blush.gif
Thanks

merlinsquest

Visit site
It is correct to travel on the right (drivers side) but you can travel either side and still be safe....

I was told by Ifor Williams to try merlin on the left as he cant travel on the right!!! When I questioned it they said it was fine
smile.gif

He has to travel in ALL of the trailer though.... or he falls over... I didnt try the left hand side (but might one day)!!

suzysparkle

Visit site
Even better take the partition out and use a full length breast and breech bar. You don't need a partition for one Horse as its sole purpose is to separate two Horses. However, if you do use one it's better on the right due to the road camber (Drivers side). I find with mine having my 510 to himself he puts his bum on the right and his front end to the left. Pretty clever beasties!!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I just take the partition out as Kia has tunred from being great traveller to bad one since he hung him self. He just can seem to balance correctly and canters round right hand corners
crazy.gif

Nikki xxxx