Used Tack/Rugs etc for charity ... help pse

Smitty

Visit site
Some of us at the yard are having a clear out and have quite a lot of (some quite decent) stuff, ie T/O rugs, fly rugs, bridles, old bits and headcollars, plus a few half used tubs of potions, stuff which doesn't fit new horses etc.

We would like to donate this to a horse charity and I was keen on the ones that used to advertise for old bits for horses in the east (and I don't mean Kent :D but Cairo and places like that) who had to endure tack made out of wire and such like.

Has anybody any suggestions please. I have looked at SPANA and the Brooke on-line but they seem to only want monetary donations.

I know there is a lady who runs a Brooke stall at the Quantock Show selling used tack and will attempt to get in touch with her in the meantime, but did really have my heart set on the stuff going overseas to the hard working horses, ponies and donkeys.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

BlackRider

Visit site
its probably a bit far, but HAPPA welcome all donations, they also have facilities to wash rugs etc too,

Smitty

Visit site
Thank you for that, it does seem from their website that they are wanting good quality items and not all of our stuff is that :eek: I expect I shall have to ring round a few charities to see the way forward.

Still hoping for a charity who will take it to the overseas working animals.