Used trailer prices

EllieBeast

Visit site
This is just a random pondering post, I have an ifor 511 2015 trailer (mk2 after they ironed out the issues!)

I adore it, and it’s going nowhere! But I’m seeing some of the same age and older being advertised second hand (and selling) for £1.5k more than I bought it for brand new 6 years ago!

Is there a supply issue that’s caused this? Or have they maybe stopped manufacturing this model now the HBX range is out? I’ve had a nosey at stockist price lists and my trailer is still listed at the price I bought it for brand new- but I’m unsure whether the PDF’s I’ve found are actually upto date.

It just shocked me I suppose! And I’m nosey ?

ROG

Visit site
It could be due to the change in the towing law coming in from 15 Nov
All from that date will have B+E meaning large trailers will likely go up in price but smaller trailers will drop in price

EllieBeast

Visit site
Ah that does make sense, I hadn’t applied that logic to it. I still can’t quite get my head around that decision, having taken my b+e 11 years ago! I really do hope lots of people still have some tuition before hitting the roads ?

ROG

Visit site
Ah that does make sense, I hadn’t applied that logic to it. I still can’t quite get my head around that decision, having taken my b+e 11 years ago! I really do hope lots of people still have some tuition before hitting the roads ?
I think it would have been better to follow the same as the M/C CBT route to get B+E

exracehorse

Visit site
There is a shortage of Steel. Aliminuion. Parts. Especially if coming in from Europe. Some steel and ali have risen by 33%. My friend had an extra 6 month wait for her new trailer. Luckily they reserved the price. But think that will push second hand trailers up. And with the rule change .. will be more desirable. 3.5 ton lorries are through the roof. And 7.5 lorries expensive to maintain. Especially if not used often.

Reactions: TPO