Useless feed bags - wasted half a bag

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Okay, I am a heavy handed oaf at times..... bag if barley rings twice weeks ago, ripped all the way down as I opened, moved it into position in my feed bin. Today got other half to do the replacement and the same thing happens. Splits all the way and you loose most if the contents.
I have brought these for years and the only thing that has changed is the thickness if the bag.
Is it worth complaining or do I just give up buying this brand?

White Horse2

Visit site
Put the bag in the bin, then use a knife and slit the long front side, give it a shake and all will fall out of the bag into the bin, just drag the pieces of paper out if it doesn't com in one piece

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Put the bag in the bin, then use a knife and slit the long front side, give it a shake and all will fall out of the bag into the bin, just drag the pieces of paper out if it doesn't com in one piece
I need to keep the feed in the bag as I have multiple feeds for multi horses. I don't have space for more than one large feed bin.
Thanks anyways

Griffin

Visit site
It is a slight faff but you could put the bag inside a heavy duty plastic bin bag first. I do this with bales of shavings and I just reuse the plastic bag. I have multiple feeds for multiple horses, so I understand that you can't always just put in a bin.

It is annoying though, so it might be worth just highlighting the issue with the company, they may not realise.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
It is a slight faff but you could put the bag inside a heavy duty plastic bin bag first. I do this with bales of shavings and I just reuse the plastic bag. I have multiple feeds for multiple horses, so I understand that you can't always just put in a bin.

It is annoying though, so it might be worth just highlighting the issue with the company, they may not realise.
Hi, yes it's only been the last two bags, up til then they were okay, but looking at the thickness of the paper it's very very thin. My 16 plus mix bag is double the thickness. I am all for saving the environment but if the wrapping does not improve I will prob stop buying it.
Will see if the maker takes any interest.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Hi, yes it's only been the last two bags, up til then they were okay, but looking at the thickness of the paper it's very very thin. My 16 plus mix bag is double the thickness. I am all for saving the environment but if the wrapping does not improve I will prob stop buying it.
Will see if the maker takes any interest.
It might be that the feed manufacturer has received a sub standard batch of sacks.

I'd put in a complaint and request for a refund for the loss of half of each of the bags that split.

A good manufacturer should welcome feedback like that, so as to be able to fix the problem. Surely that's better than losing customers without knowing why.

Last edited:

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site