User names (How are some pronounced) :D

Balibee

Visit site
There are many user names of here that could be pronounced many different ways :D Would be good to get the correct way.

For example (sorry to pinch these two but I they are ones I thought of?

Shilasdair> Shylasdare or Sheeelasdare?? or Shillasdare :D

kerrilli > Kerrylee or Karilly?

and how did everyone come by their name? My dad used to sing Ali Bali Ali Bali Bee, sitting on ya mommies knee, greeting for a wee bobbee :D and it stuck

:D

Starzaan

Visit site
Starzaan, pronounced StarzAN

He's a lovely racehorse I have looked after for the last few years. Now recovered from his injury problems, and racing again!

Ommadawn

Visit site
Ommadawn = Ommerdorn

From the title of an album by Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) which I grew up listening to as my Dad is a big fan! Although it is an instrumental album there is a folk type song at the end called 'On Horseback', which is about how being on horse back is better than anything - 'Big brown beastie, Big brown face; I'd rather be with you than flying through space'.

I also read more recently that the word 'ommadawn' may be a kind of anglicized version of the gaelic (I think) word 'amadan', which apparently means 'idiot'!

I think the name is appropriate for a number of reasons :)

And although I don't have a horse, I think it would be a great name for one when the time comes - so hands off!

Montyforever

Visit site
Montyforever - because i used to look after a ancient pony called monty who taught me just about everything to handling horses on the ground :D

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
KellysHeroes - not hard :p Kel-lys Hee-ros :D
'Cause Kelly was rescued and we worked so hard with her I think we in a way are her heroes :) It was also an old film.
K x

kyanya

Visit site
Mine is a completely made up word, because years ago when I was making up my first username, everything related to my name had gone, unless it had a million numbers after, which I didn't want. So I just made up a name instead!

So there's no right or wrong way to pronounce it, but I say ky (like sky but without the s) - an-ya
Don't think that sounds great though, but I like the way it looks when it's written!

Jesstickle

Visit site
mine is just my nickname from when I was a teenager but it has stuck and is my name for most things. My friends still call me it too! Bit embaressing in public probably but I'm so used to it I don't notice anymore. And because it is horrible I never struggle with other people having taken it first!

Enfys

Visit site
mine is a bit boring really, just my horses registered name... :rolleyes:

:D Pronunciation though;) You have a 'w' and 'll' in there that may confuse, Stardust is easy though. I can manage because I lived near Cwmllynfell and can say that:D I love the Welsh language, which is why no-one can pronounce the name of my farm apart from my next door neighbour!

Often wondered how people read my name though.;)

Montyforever

Visit site
:D Pronunciation though;) You have a 'w' and 'll' in there that may confuse, Stardust is easy though. I can manage because I lived near Cwmllynfell and can say that:D I love the Welsh language, which is why no-one can pronounce the name of my farm apart from my next door neighbour!

Often wondered how people read my name though.;)

En-fays ?

Am i right? :D

TheoryX1

Visit site
I am not actually a Theory X, its The Oryx, which is my horse's show name. Its Latin for Goat. As he is known as the goat on your yard, the name kind of stuck. Everyone thinks its quite a good show name, till I tell them what it actually means .......... LOL.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Ommadawn = Ommerdorn

From the title of an album by Mike Oldfield (Tubular Bells) which I grew up listening to as my Dad is a big fan! Although it is an instrumental album there is a folk type song at the end called 'On Horseback', which is about how being on horse back is better than anything - 'Big brown beastie, Big brown face; I'd rather be with you than flying through space'.

A friend of mine bought a horse from Mike Oldfield ages ago and he told her he had written something about it; small world!:)