Usernames

Visit site
Cortez was a Spanish horse that I absolutely adored, a rescue from a very bad situation, and the one I couldn't ultimately save. He's gone many years now (that's not him in my avatar; he's another rescue that I did save and still here going strong at 19 years old :) ). I think about Cortez every day...View attachment 44956

I've never changed my name either.
That's wonderful. I knew you had, and really admired, your Spanish horses, but I didn't realise you'd rescued them. That is truly fabulous and that grey is stunning - very much a credit to you ?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Mine used to be my real name, then on the last Christmas names thread I changed it to this in honor of the fluffy interloper.

94160754_10158793826904925_2937727879225540608_n.jpg

Jessica1992

New User
Visit site
Mine was supposed to be Love Catchie - Catchie being what I called my first pony (Catchphrase) for short. Not sure what happened to the “Catchie” part when I made my account but got stuck with just “Love”..... quite funny as I’m from Yorkshire so used to people calling me love!

does anyone on this forum have contact with love in real life please, I think we both owned catchphrase at one point in his life time PLEASE CAN ANYONE CONTACT HER?!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I always thought your name was from the Elkie Brooks song.

Well yes, it was. EB came from S. Yorks and as I said the vendor owned nightclubs in S. Yorks. I would have just been Pearl but that name and Pearlygirly, which is what we often called her, had both been taken, so as she was named for the song, that's what I decided to have as my user name - admittedly a bit conoluted but our names often are. My tabby (striped) cat was Melanie (Melony)

Reacher

Visit site
When I joined 2008, I mostly thought about using one of my dog's, or cat's, names as username, but I hesitated because I wasn't sure if I would want to continue to use it after that they're gone. Then I realised that I felt certain that I would want to own more Finnish Lapphunds, so I just wrote that without a space between the words.

In my head you live in Finland or possibly Sweden and as I am unable to unremember this, you will henceforth, in my head, continue to live in Finland/Sweden

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Gingerwitch Was The nickname for my best hunter. Given to her one day by my
Then best ridding buddy Sam. We took a jump and the world stood still and I looked down on Sam on her huge horse. When we finally got our breath back she announced that I looked like a Gingerwitch as I was so high. It stuck. I sadly no longer have my Gingerwitch and I miss her so much. I still have Sam as a friend but she has given up riding now. So sad as we had some amazing times on horse back.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I used to be zzClaire. I used to work in IT and we put zz in front of someone's name in the outlook directory after they left and before it was deleted. It made the name drop to the bottom of any alphabetical sorting.

When I got a horse I wanted to put him in my username. He's big and orange. OrangeHorse was already taken so I chose OrangeAndLemon because I like the nursery rhyme.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I used to be Frankiecob, and then sadly I lost him and changed it to LeoWalker who was the pony I then had. Hes retired now. I am going to change it again, but this time I'm not going to use a horses name as it always catches me up a bit short when someone refers to me as Leo. He was very, very special to me and I miss him every day