Using an Arc Equine on yourself

C1airey

Visit site
Those of you who’ve done so - I suspect there are a few lurking in here - what did you feel?

I’ve been using it on a shoulder injury for the last week. I don’t actually ‘feel’ anything while it’s on, but OH reckons he can feel me ‘pulsing’.

So, how was it for you (so to speak)? Also, if anyone happened to use it on a hairline fracture of their own, how’d it go?

cundlegreen

Visit site
I've never felt anything, but I don't use their gel, I use ultra sound gel which I find gives a better connection. I've always used for the first two weeks of a fracture, and each time healed well and quickly. That may just be coincidence, but I, and a much younger person had an identical ankle fracture requiring a plate and pins. I healed well, and no more trouble. She has had to have two further operations and have the plate taken out. Make your own conclusions...

spider

community.webshots.com
Are you using the horse version or the human version? The horse version says not for use on humans and I'd like to know what the difference is.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Are you using the horse version or the human version? The horse version says not for use on humans and I'd like to know what the difference is.

I had no idea there were 2 versions. We bought it for use on both, but mainly because the horse did a suspensory (as ever Jay got whatever he needed - we wouldn't have spent the money on ourselves). I spoke to the manufacturer and he sold it as for both. That was in 2015.

C1airey

Visit site
I’m using the horse one. Like Red-1, there’s no way I could justify that kind of spend on myself! Interesting that it was previously sold knowingly for both human and equine use as I’m sure I’ve since read somewhere that you shouldn’t use the horse one on humans: something to do with resistance? Currents? Frequencies? Something along those lines...?

Anyway, I’m still pulsing. Allegedly.

Visit site
We have various gadgets in the yard - though no Arc machine - and we use them on ourselves as well as the horses! The favourite one if the Game Ready machine. It's very popular with sore muscles, one of our owners pops in to use it after he has run his half marathons!

Visit site
Just had to google Game Ready. It looks like just the job for the hot weather!

It's an awesome piece of kit! Incredibly useful and does the horses and humans the world of good! The jockeys use it quite a lot too if they take a hard tumble. We had a laser machine a good few years ago that we used on sore shins and splints. And yes someone who shall remain nameless *cough*the boss*cough* tried to use it as laser hair removal and ended up just burning themselves!!! We have tens machines, ice vibe boots, massage pads, solariums, you name it we have it pretty much!

C1airey

Visit site
It's an awesome piece of kit! Incredibly useful and does the horses and humans the world of good! The jockeys use it quite a lot too if they take a hard tumble. We had a laser machine a good few years ago that we used on sore shins and splints. And yes someone who shall remain nameless *cough*the boss*cough* tried to use it as laser hair removal and ended up just burning themselves!!! We have tens machines, ice vibe boots, massage pads, solariums, you name it we have it pretty much!
Sounds like my kind of spa! What do you charge for livery? *packs overnight bag*

ETA: I’ll just stick to shaving my legs though, ta...

C1airey

Visit site
It's a racing yard so if you have a TB and are happy to pay £38.50 a day for livery then on you come! It's an extra £50 a month for unlimited use of the water treadmill!

No space for a gangly WB with a talent for falling over its human whilst being led to the field then?

Red-1

Visit site
I just looked up the human Arc, from what I can see it is like the equine one but a different colour and has more user friendly contacts. However, one customer had complained about the lack of white conducting pads and the company had replied that they were out of stock, but had sent some of the black (horse) ones instead.

Interestingly the Equine ones are about £200 more expensive then the human ones. :confused::(:rolleyes:

cundlegreen

Visit site
I've got the original model that was supposedly to be used on both, hence me borrowing it for when I break. There was a lot of comment years ago about the gel leaving marks on horses legs and giving them reactions. I do think that might account for feeling something. I've never felt anything when using mine, but I use the ultra sound gel.

Red-1

Visit site
I use Aloe Vera gel. It does tingle, but I don't get a reaction. The tingle is only when the current is on, starts as soon as it is turned on and stops as soon as it turns off, so I don't think it is a reaction to the gel.

EventingMum

Visit site
I wish I could remember what I was told by the Arc people. I think it was along the lines of they couldn't advertise the horse one for use on humans due to the testing that had been done on it, the human one has had certain testing done but the horse one has a wider range of ??? (possibly frequencies or similar) which hadn't all been tested for humans although they did have many clients who used their equine ones on themselves.