Using 'non branded' wormers

Bugly

Visit site
My four horses were due their Ivermectin wormer this week. I went online to order and rather than buying Eqvalan I bought Noromectin as it was nearly half the price and has the exact same ingredients.

Yesterday I had the wormers at the yard and some one started taking the piss saying, "could I have bought anything cheaper"? I said "its exactly the same ingredients, just without the brand name of Eqvalan and your probably just paying for all their advertising with the higher price".

Frankly I don't care if folk think i'm cheap, but now i'm worried that I've done the wrong thing and used an inferior product.

Do the cheaper brands without all the glitzy ad campaigns do the same as the more well known brands? Should I worry about using them?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
nothing wrong with it, exactly the same. When a company develops a new ingredient they have the rights to it for a given amount of time (hence whey noone else makes equest atm as its relatively new... well I dont think they can anyway!)

After that given amount of years then any company can include the ingredient in products which = competition which= lower prices.
smile.gif

spotsmum

Visit site
Ialways buy the cheaper brands. You are right ingredients the same- just a name. Ialways compare them to milk- same milk just a sainsbury or asda label- different price- still comes from a cow!!