V. Sad but my boys gone now.

charlie76

Visit site
After making the decision to have my horse PTS last week it went on Saturday. He was v. lame even on 2 bute and has been getting progressivley worse over the months and had lost a lot of weight.
It was a heart breaking choice but I feel better for it now as I know he's not hurting any more.

Thank you for all the kind comments before.

Kelly1982

Visit site
You made the right decision, my thoughts are with you
frown.gif

JACQSZOO

Visit site
I know how hard it is. I had to make the same decision myself a few weeks ago.
It is a very hard call but you did it purely for your horses best interest - what more could a horse ask - a totally unselfish act of pure love.

My thoughts are with you too xxxx
I have a lovely poem should you wish to see it - but it will make the tears flow but is so very very true. If you would like to see it please say.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Can't improve on what Kelly said to be honest and can totally understand about the weight lifting off your shoulders now it's happened. He'd thank you for it I'm sure.

Cherish your memories of him and perhaps plant a tree or something similar.

S_N

Visit site
Oh I so understand how you are feeling!! That is exactly how I felt!! My thoughts are with you - he couldn't have asked for a more compassionate owner!!

Zebedee

Visit site
You did everything you could from start to finish.
Hopefully you can draw strength from knowing that it was your courage that enabled you to do the best for your horse.

Bess

Visit site
Its very sad but it must be the kindest thing to do. Have had to go through the same thing myself so you do have my sympathy.