Vaccination checks?

sarahann1

Visit site
Are they happening anywhere? It’s occurred to me that venues are saying 6 or 12 months for vaccines, but are they checking? I’ve never had a passport checked in all the competitions I’ve been too?

Just curious what others have experienced.

ponynutz

Visit site
I've always been asked for a vaccine check unless it was a local show. So much so that packing the passport is a must-have item in the car on show or outing day even for Pony Club outings.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
All RC round here are checking. 12 months is usual, unless the venue states otherwise.
Plus anyone representing in teams is having to submit to team manager 1st, so they are cleared to take part (saves wasting club money on subsidising entries too).
I'm record keeper for our RC....

I carry mine all the time but only had a spot check st RWHS inc chip check after parking up.
Box 4 down had the same and wasnt allowed to unload any as 1st one wasn't correct. They got sent off showground. That said, RWHS are hot on regs.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
We have a venue checking before you get off the box, even for arena hire. A second arena is doing spot checks.

Both of those have their own horses living there though.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
The RC I belong to does at all it’s comps at a particular venue that has liveries and for camp. My yard has started requiring a copy of passport main page and vaccs too.

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
Yes mine gets checked. I have to do 6 monthly for BD which is a pain. Our local shows don't bother and one is held at a stud farm. But they don't quarantine either so it's not surprising. Hoping at some point we can go back to yearly to save the extra expense and give a bit of relief for those horses that react.