Vaccinations?

EllieandGeorge

Visit site
How far out can they be to still be allowed to have boosters and not have to start again? I know harley is out because his owner didnt tell me that it was supposed to be may! She figured it would be ok because 'dogs can be 2 months out' . Not happy!
Only had him two months and i really dont want to pay for a full set! :mad:

Britestar

Visit site
Are you intending to compete at BS, BD, BE or Riding Club at Area comps? If so you will have to start again.
If you only are ever going to compete locally or not compete at all, then your horse can have his booster late, but be aware, if you ever change your mind and want to compete at a disciplne that requires the horse to be correctly vaccinated, then you will have to start again.

If you start again, the horse cannot take part in comps until the frst 2 vaccs have been given, and no vacc must be given within 7 days of a comp.

celia

Visit site
As said above, he'll be fine unless you're wanting to do affiliated competitions, in which case you'll need to start them again. :)

Firewell

Visit site
The vet practices near where I live won't do boosters if they are over by one day. They make people start again :(.
Its after that high profile case where a vet got struck off for back dating vaccination certificates.

not_with_it

Visit site
My vet told me the other day that you can go 5 days over and your horse would still be covered. Obviously that doesnt count if you are competing.

GingerCat

Visit site
Best thing would be to ask your vet asap, the longer you leave it then the more likely you are to have to start again.

horserugsnot4u

Visit site
As previously mentioned, if you intend to compete or attend PC camps etc you will have to start again, even if a day over. My vets said they could do it if I wanted but I wouldn't be covered if shows/competitions required it. In the end I decided to start again but it was only the flu that needed doing as tetanus is every two years, so you might save a bit of money if your horse had tetanus jab last year. Only problem now is trying to co-ordinate 3rd and subsequent injections with the tetanus, so will probably at some point have to bring one or the other forward. My vet does zone days now for routine appointments with no call-out fee so in the end it wasn't too much to start again - just a bit of a nuisance.

Derfette

Visit site
It depends on which vaccinations you're having. I do know (I was told by my vet a few weeks ago after asking the same question), that if a tetanus vaccination is a few days past its due date, that's fine, but if you're having a flu tet combined injection, it can't be even a day past it's due date otherwise you will have to start again.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Has anyone ever had their vax certs checked at any uk show? I know that it is said that it`s vax certs etc must travel with it..but does anyone check,just curious!