Valentines Day delivery

applecart14

Visit site
I've just had a suprise delivery couried to me at work from Moonpig; a dozen red roses and a 'Me to You' teddybear. :)

One of the labourers brought it up to my office in front of everyone on site, I had bright red cheeks :eek:
Thank you Colin, my lovely, thoughtful partner of 15 years. It was really kind of you. When I rang him to thank him, he said he thought it would cheer me up a bit, how lovely. I haven't a clue what to buy him now!

Last night we bought an italian five course 'meal for two deal' from Groupon, instead of £79 it is £39.00. We have been twice before using the Groupon voucher, it saves loads of money, and was a chance to taste some lovely food at half the price.

What are you loved up horsey couples doing for Valentines? Are you off celebrating or cuddling up on the sofa and watching The Voice?

Damnation

Visit site
We are going out for a nice pub dinner on Sunday evening :)

He's also bought me some Harry Potter stuff which I LOVE! I got him a beard care kit, he loves his beard :p

Clannad48

Visit site
After a really bad day at work for me we are having pizza delivered and a bottle of wine or two for me (both of which I have paid for) After a long time together we both refuse to pay the over-inflated prices just because it is Valentines day. We will probably go out for a meal together on another weekend. We have also agreed no cards or presents. No we're not sad, just long in the tooth and too settled in our ways and not prepared to pay over the odds.

Edited to add: we are secure in our relationship and have no need to sit in a restaurant with an overpriced menu and rose on my plate. Bah Humbug

Last edited:

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Mine paid for this month's hay as a surprise, so I'm taking us both to the cinema. We will probably have a go at cooking something together on Sunday rather than bother with a restaurant.

Princess16

Visit site
I will prob get roses but I don't get him anything only a card.

We are going to cinema to see a funny film followed by a pizza tomorrow night. I too refuse to let him pay for an overpriced set menu, huddled so close to another table (as they try to cram so many people in) that you can share the condiments with them !

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
These are the only kisses I am getting this Valentines... He does this all the time, only to the boom of my chin though!
[video=youtube;mVG7fAr71Ag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVG7fAr71Ag&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Tobiano

Visit site
Happy Valentines to all you loved up ones!

My Valentine is flat out on the sofa next to me, we have just been round the park where she chased her ball, and later she will have a slice of ham with her Valentine's dinner and I will have my diet chilli and no booze.

Lucky my Valentine is my dog and won't think I am being a party popper! :) <3

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
We have been married 30 years this year and together 35 so to be honest valentines day is not big on our calander. It was my 50th birthday last week and my OH went all out for that which was a fantastic surprise as we don't usually celebrate birthdays much either.

Holzdweaver

Visit site
Me and my partner dont really 'do' valentines day. We dont get each other prezzies or anything, instead we treat each other randomly through the year when we have the money, last month he did a days overtime and treated me to some Acavallo Opera stirrups to hopefully help my hip and ankle pain. I had the bunny castrated so couldnt treat him but his month he gave me some cash to put in my savings which is going towards a new saddle. I bought him an angle grinder a few days ago... Romantic eh?? xD

Fiona

Visit site
We are having a Chinese after v stressful day.. I have bought a card for tomorrow, but we don't normally do presents.

Too old and boring now.

Fiona

R_Owen

Visit site
I'm working this morning. Then we are going to the cinema to watch deadpool and will go for a pub meal after. We are not giving gifts this year.

Reacher

Visit site
Me and my partner dont really 'do' valentines day. We dont get each other prezzies or anything, instead we treat each other randomly through the year when we have the money, last month he did a days overtime and treated me to some Acavallo Opera stirrups to hopefully help my hip and ankle pain. I had the bunny castrated so couldnt treat him but his month he gave me some cash to put in my savings which is going towards a new saddle. I bought him an angle grinder a few days ago... Romantic eh?? xD

I do hope bunny isn't a pet name for your partner!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I've just had a suprise delivery couried to me at work from Moonpig; a dozen red roses and a 'Me to You' teddybear. :)

One of the labourers brought it up to my office in front of everyone on site, I had bright red cheeks :eek:
Thank you Colin, my lovely, thoughtful partner of 15 years. It was really kind of you. When I rang him to thank him, he said he thought it would cheer me up a bit, how lovely. I haven't a clue what to buy him now!

Last night we bought an italian five course 'meal for two deal' from Groupon, instead of £79 it is £39.00. We have been twice before using the Groupon voucher, it saves loads of money, and was a chance to taste some lovely food at half the price.

What are you loved up horsey couples doing for Valentines? Are you off celebrating or cuddling up on the sofa and watching The Voice?
Sadly nothing

I am up as usual for another day at the yard as all the others are so working as usual here no special day in my home :(

If I say anything about flowers he says * we have some out side go pick some *
cards he said end up in the bin next day and as for going out no chance, even though we have been together since 1984 the romance went 15-20 years ago he gets forgetful and mostly like forgotten about this day - however mum sends me a card

Last edited: