Venturing in to the world of BE...PLEASE HELP!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Ok so I'm doing my first BE competition in 2 weeks time at Nunney, BE 100 on a day pass woohoo! :) But there are a few things I could do with a few pointers for...

1) When and Where on earth do I find my times?

2) I have read the rule book and completely flumoxed..can I wear my brown ariat jodhpurs (ankle) boots and brown suede tredstep chaps?:confused:

3) Are there any stipulations on the wearing of spurs in dressage?:confused:

4) Any really obvious stuff I should be aware of that may differ from an unaffiliated ODE?:confused:

Thank You, I think Mum would murder me if I got eliminated fr something silly like turnout. :eek:

oh and can I wear my PC medical armband or is there a BE one that I have to have??

PorkChop

Visit site
Off the top of my head!

You find your times on the British Eventing website, on the home page you will see the upcoming events listed.

Jod boots and chaps are allowed, however I am not sure if you are allowed suede.

Yes there is a maximum length allowed for spurs.

Not sure about the differences between unaffiliated and affiliated as they often run under their own rules!

I have always found the BE rule book very concise tbh, ask your mum to make sure of the dtails, it's all in there.

If you really need help you can always ring BE or post on their forum - good luck!

be positive

Visit site
Your chaps should match your boots so should not be suede.
Spurs are allowed.

You must get your hat tagged, a PC tag is not acceptable, take it with you when you go to get your numbers they will do it then.
You require your own number bib.

Most of the rules are pretty clear, anything you are unsure about just come on here and ask.

Fun Times

Visit site
To add to the above. Times usually dont come out until late thursday before the event. However, they usually put you into a section and then provide a section timetable from which you can work out your approx times about a week or so in advance. Look on www.bdwp.co.uk for this info. Remember that whilst you can warm up for dressage with a schooling whip, you cant take one into the arena. The rule book is available on the website so you should spend a half hour or so flicking through it. Make sure you take your horses passport to the secretary's tent when you get your number - some places look at it, others dont. Not sure what rules unaff events have, but at BE you must ride the dsg test from memory, you can't have a reader. Good luck and enjoy!

DiNozzo

Visit site
I think the OP meant brown jodhpur (or ankle) boots.

Anyway, I have nothing useful to add except good luck!